The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Come see me at the castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I'll be performing at the Magic Castle on May 22 and 23 in the evenings. I've done the kid's brunch 4 or 5 times at the castle but this will be my first "adult" "evening" work at the castle. I'm doing the WC Field's bar so anyone who wants to come, please come up and say hi!
BTW, Doc Eason is working the bar the week after me. Am I nervous about working the same venue that Doc Eason will be the following week and where Whit Hadyn works regularly?

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Good luck James!

Regan
Mister Mystery
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Jim
You will do great. That bar is great. What I have seen there is make sure people besides the ones at the bar can see what you are doing. It is fun down there.

Kill them
Ken
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks, Regan and Ken! I'll let you know how it goes. I got an email from the castle. Apparently they are now offering a videotaping service for your shows... for a price of course. I think I may go for it if I can afford it. Anyone else ever tried this? How did it turn out?

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Rich does a good job for a one shoot camera. I have never tapped down in the bar.

Ken
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On 2009-05-18 17:25, kenscott wrote:
Rich does a good job for a one shoot camera. I have never tapped down in the bar.

Ken

I'll bet you "tapped" a few down in the bar!!! Smile
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
It's a bit far for me to come but best of luck.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I yes I did! Come to think of it Ken you were with me!LOL
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On 2009-05-19 07:50, kenscott wrote:
I yes I did! Come to think of it Ken you were with me!LOL

Yes I was!!!! 505 Man!!!!!
:drinkup:
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
429 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
Rich does a fabulous job. I sprung for an extra camera guy (for a two camera shoot) and the edit job was a piece of cake... Priceless footage... elegant surroundings, people in suits and nice dresses.. sometimes cleavage, which never hurts...plan on shooting two sets and pick the best one...

In your case, James, I would think about filming on Sat night... Save Friday night for figuring out the venue.

With the camera there, it is an easy matter to rearrange folks...i.e. move the members (and their notebooks) to the back...get the beautiful women up front.

Knock em dead ... have a grand time. It is one of my favorite venues in the world to work.

Doc
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks, guys, and thank you, Doc!! For those who don't know, Doc has some great performance only dvds which are terrific! Where can people get them, Doc? I got mine after a performance you gave.

Jim
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Doc,
Are you going to release that castle footage on a new dvd?

Jim
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Well I just want to report that the Magic Castle gig went great. Friday was a bit slow but last night was packed. Had three or four memorable shows where it was the entire downstairs was full and laughing and clapping. 180 degrees of fun. Whit came to one of the shows Friday which I was honored that he came to see me. Wish I had had it taped but couldn't get it together. Anyway, I look forward to the next time. It is certainly nice to just walk in with a small briefcase instead of lots of gear and have people roaring with just a deck of cards, coins, and spongeballs. My experience working the street is what got me to that level.

Jim
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Jim
I knew you would do well. You know once a performer gets over the fear of performing for magicians the Castle is a great place to work. People (and mostly non magicians) come the castle to see "magic" so when you performed they are a ready and willing audience.

Ken
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Congrats, Jim. That is really awesome.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thank you, Ken and Kyle and for all your help over the yeras.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Come see me at the castle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL