The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Tripod Briefcase table with riser panels (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adrianbent
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of adrianbent
... how's that for a subject line that sums up what I'm looking for? This is driving me crazy... some time ago, I was browsing a Ronjo (I think?) magic table that packs as a briefcase, flange on bottom for mounting on a standard tripod, but here's the idea: the briefcase isn't hinged on the bottom, but rather the top half is clasped to the bottom half; when opened the top half of the case removes completely, in order to erect the flat-packed 3-sided hinged panel vertically... the top half of the briefcase then sits on top of this 3-walled panel, with your working surface (close-up pad) on top. This creates a rectangular shaped "box", with the cavity toward the performer.
I've since tried to find this again, and "like magic"... its disappeared, perhaps discontinued. I like that the access cavity is from the back, so specs have a harder time peeking at the goods, much like a Joe Lefler Table, however unlike a Lefler table it packs smaller thanks to the tripod, and by setting the tripod low, I could get my working surface low, which is great for angles, which is something I value the more I perform.

Any leads/links as to where this can be found? I could probably build this myself, but if someone has plans for this that would be great too as there may be nuances that I might miss. Thanks
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
adrianbent
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of adrianbent
Yes this is it! Thank you. Unfortunately, I think this is a wholesale distributer, as I cannot find a price. I'll try a google search for a retailer now that I know this product name.
... incidentally in the interim I also found this product:
http://www.magicmax.com/product_info.php?products_id=1887
This seems to be possibly better as the panels aren't separate; EVERYTHING is hinged-in. If only the price points on tables were a little more decent, but I also understand that magic is such a niche market, they don't move a lot of volume, hence the price. Maybe I'll try second hand, or it might be kind of fun to build it myself.
Thanks again.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Abbott's Magic also carries the Briefcase w/Tripod. I believe the one they get is from MAK Magic.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
KURT MOORE LARSON
View Profile
New user
New Britain, Connecticut USA
30 Posts

Profile of KURT MOORE LARSON
I have two... and you might not like the price piont... but you won't be sorry. My originals were built by my dad. These look exactly like them... http://www.magicmax.com/product_info.php?products_id=1887 I am going to order two more as my dad has now passed from this life and into the next, I see them as great additions to my magic as I'll be able to keep several close-up shows at hand' just as I have four suitcase tables with my kid and adult programs. Just my two cents worth.
Kurt Moore Larson is "The Amusionist".
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Don't assume building something yourself is going to save you a lot of money. Once you buy all the materials, hardware, coverings, paint, possibly tools, etc. It may cost you more. A lot of these types of things are built overseas where materials are much, much cheaper and bought in bulk, and labor is almost nothing. Even for stuff built in the USA, it helps if you can build a run of a dozen at a time, whereas if just building one you'd have to charge a lot more.
But having said that you do get the added benefit that you can make it the exact size and style you need and avoid the frustration of having a certain prop be a quarter of an inch too big to fit inside. Of course the downside is that if you're not handy it may not turn out very well at all and then you've wasted both time and money.
Good luck,
Bill
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Adrianbent,

I sent you a PM with a magician that has two of these used for sale.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
KURT MOORE LARSON
View Profile
New user
New Britain, Connecticut USA
30 Posts

Profile of KURT MOORE LARSON
All I can say is I am going with ths Black Beauty SuperCase by Magic Max. As stated earlier I have 2 that my dad built and these are nearly identical...and Verne makes a great table for "buskers" as well...check it out here McCarthy's PRO Table http://magicmax.com/product_info.php?cPa......_id=1823.
Kurt Moore Larson is "The Amusionist".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Tripod Briefcase table with riser panels (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL