The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PS2 and a question for Greg Arce (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Okay, so I was re-reading PS2 the other day, specifically -- Greg Arce's material "Six Degrees of Separation...". He talks about using it for France (Fry) and forest (shrimp), but then he finishes with this sentence -- "I'll leave you with one that no one got, but I chuckled when I wrote down the prediction. The word was "sailor" and, like a silly fool, I wrote "monkey."

So you peaked my curiosity Greg, have you ever revealed the connection? Does anyone else have an idea?
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Sounds like he was out at sea too longgg.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
He revealed the connection in a thread in Inner Thoughts. Do a search for Davie Jones (the monkee, however you spell it).
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Lemniscate: please PM me.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
It's here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=82

You're going to be sorry you asked.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Greg,

Linking the words 'sailor' to 'monkey' brings out the old Coast Guardsman in me:

When a sailor must tie his ship securely to another ship on the high seas, a large knotted ball is tied at the end of a long, thin rope. This ball is thrown (or shot) over the water to the other ship. The sailors on the receiving ship pull the thin rope, which is tied to succesfully larger diameter ropes, until a thicker, stronger hawser can securely connect the ships.

The knotted ball on the thin rope first thrown by the sailor is called a 'Monkey Fist'.

I know, I know...I'm a bucket of useless information.

Best,
Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2009-05-20 15:29, Greg Arce wrote:
It's here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=82

You're going to be sorry you asked.

Greg

As a Popeye geek, I'm ashamed to say that I thought Greg was referring to "Murders in the Rue Morgue."

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Well, Chet & Mick, at least I'm not the only one that makes crazy connections.

Greg
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Thanks Greg - makes perfect sense to me! (Hindsight 20/20 though)
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Perfect sense? I'm not sure about that, but at least we can see some kind of connections now. Smile
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On 2009-05-21 01:45, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Thanks Greg - makes perfect sense to me! (Hindsight 20/20 though)

It makes perfect sense in the same way that logic puzzles make perfect sense, after you look at the answer, lol.

Which is a compliment, by the way!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
And I thought it was cos Greg had figured out my dad was in the Royal Navy and kept a small monkey onboard at one point...
I've asked to be banned
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2009-05-21 16:43, IAIN wrote:
And I thought it was cos Greg had figured out my dad was in the Royal Navy and kept a small monkey onboard at one point...

Maybe my first answer was just a bluff and this was the true answer... hmmm? Smile

Anyway, what I did at that time was just for my own personal pleasure. I sometimes do that. Sometimes I'm just doing stuff and I play around with something that only amuses me. That was one of those times. It happened awhile back so my memory is a bit hazy, but I'm sure I did it that way because I was hitting so strongly with other things that I just decided to play around for a bit.

The funny thing about that is that I'm sure my other stuff played stronger by that weird miss. Why would a "magician" make such a foolish mistake?

Greg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PS2 and a question for Greg Arce (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL