The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Classic Magic of Michael Vincent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
JayF
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of JayF
The review in Magic was not very positive due to perceived similarities between Michael's multiple selection routine and Ricky Jay's routine. Any comments?

Jay
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Michael Vincent seems like a super nice guy and excellent magician and I'm most likely going to be picking up his DVD set.

But I also read the review in Magic magazine by Jason England, and I'm as curious as JayF above that Michael Vincent borrowed a lot of material in the multiple selection routine from Ricky Jay and his 52 assistants. Jason basically gave the material on the DVDs a good review, but was very uncomfortable viewing the multiple selection routine.

Rich B.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I am gutted!

I wanted Michael to be my mentor and for me to be his student (like what he says on the dvd).

But how can I now trust a man who has taken another man's work, lines and all, with no credit.

As I sit here, a discarded and dejected remnant of what I once was, I wonder how Michael could have done this to me.

Please Michael, come onto the Café and restore my faith in human nature. Tell me you didn't take credit for somebody elses routine. Tell me Jason England wasn't right when he identified similarities between your routine and Ricky Jays.

Let me know you're going to make everything right so I can once again follow you on the path of magical enlightenment.

I see this as a temporary hitch along the journey. Nothing more, nothing less. We all make mistakes. I'm sure Michael will show us the way.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Ladies and gents, I can formally announce that Michael is officially THE most stand up guy in magic. The guy is a living legend, not only in terms of his work but his attitude to others in magic. I salute his response to Jason England's article.

See here for Michaels' (and my) response.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=270#9
rfoxx
View Profile
New user
Camberley, England
5 Posts

Profile of rfoxx
I have just read this topic and whilst I don't tend to post, I thought this warranted a mention of something interesting I have noticed about Michael Vincent...
I attend International Magic's convention, in London, every year and for the last few years I have taken my girlfriend with me. Now, of all the amazing magicians we have seen there over the years and the jaw dropping magic we have experienced, the only time my girlfriend was genuinely entertained and spellbound, was sitting next to Darwin Ortiz, watching Michael Vincent perform in the bar before the Gala show. For a non-magician, he was the highlight...and I've got to say...I kinda agree with her.
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
I have both Classic of Michael Vincent and Rhapsody in silver DVD series and they are both brilliant. I would say the best DVD's I have ever bought. There is so much information on both coin and card magic that would appeal to all levels.
I don't think I could ever be as good as Michael Vincent even If I practiced every day for the next 10 years, he as so much knowledge and technique. I think anyone who buys these DVD's will learn something valuable from this master magician.

The only the thing I would say is that Michael references so many books during these DVD's, that I would never have time to read them all.

There are so many good magic DVD's on the market today, and so much information out there. If I could choose only one set of DVD's then these would be the ones.

Can't wait for the next Series.

Kris Krendo
Arepsi
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
147 Posts

Profile of Arepsi
I also have the DVD's and one key word is: "inspire".

You can change the handling and do the old bulky get ready's for your double, but Michael is showing you the pathway to excellence.

Personally I can't do the double push over moves so I just cut the small hole thru one of the advertisement cards so that's a pathway as well. And what comes to wallet - I feel this gives a nice touch to "bw my way".

It's all about the material and tricks and those will fit to some people. And if you watch the demo, you'll get inspired.

I only have watch a bit of the videos, but I highly recommend these DVDs, because you can adopt these routines to stand-up and close-up and that's what most of us want - material to our gigs.

Best regards Aaro
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Profile of michaelvincent
Quote:
On 2009-09-07 17:07, Arepsi wrote:
I also have the DVD's and one key word is: "inspire".

You can change the handling and do the old bulky get ready's for your double, but Michael is showing you the pathway to excellence.

Personally I can't do the double push over moves so I just cut the small hole thru one of the advertisement cards so that's a pathway as well. And what comes to wallet - I feel this gives a nice touch to "bw my way".

It's all about the material and tricks and those will fit to some people. And if you watch the demo, you'll get inspired.

I only have watch a bit of the videos, but I highly recommend these DVDs, because you can adopt these routines to stand-up and close-up and that's what most of us want - material to our gigs.

Best regards Aaro

Kiitos Arespi

Mike Vincent
Magic for the 21st Century
"Why be mediocre, when you have excellence as an option"

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

The Vincent Academy of Magic
coolini
View Profile
Regular user
australia
176 Posts

Profile of coolini
This set seems to be very interesting and I would like to buy it...however buying dvds online and having them to be posted to Australia takes time and money...now I want to order this set and make sure I order all the props needed to do the effects on these dvd, so that I don't have to pay and wait for postage twice.
now I have brainwave deck, cups and balls, Slydini silk, but what else is needed? are the coins routines gaffed and if yes which ones are needed. if anybody knows plz reply back, thanks.
websmith2000
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of websmith2000
This is an absolutely brilliant set. I particularly like Michael's play on Vernon's Emotional Reaction. I always get a good reaction from this, especially with Michael's little "magician in trouble" miscall. Wonderful!
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Wondering if there s a trace of the card to pocket routine somewhere in book or DVD of MV?
Saw some of his performance and while modus operandi is clear, I d like to read about the thoughts process on that routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Classic Magic of Michael Vincent (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL