The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Paul Daniels Houdini coin trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
Paul Daniels did a coin trick with a coin. He made the coin (Houdini Coin) vanish from under one napkin and reappear under another napkin. He had placed shot glasses over the napkins but still the coin reappeared under the second napkins. Any ideas of this tricks name and where to get information so I can learn and perform this trick.

Thanks
Wardmagic
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
John Scarne's "Scarne's Magic Tricks" might be the book it is in (page 79). Ask someone here that owns the book and can check it for you.

Link: http://www.tannens.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=7503

dsalley13
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Bang on. P.79.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Scarne trick is not the same. Its title is Houdini's Coin Vanish but its entirely different than the one described above performed by Paul Daniels. That effects sounds like There and Back by David Regal. I have a very old Scarne book, 100 of Scarne magic tricks and Houdini Coin Vanish on page 98 is a coin vanish from the hand under a hankerchief using a confederate.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Yes, Paul's trick is an adaptation of There & Back - I was thrilled when he did it. He changed the workings and turned it into a perfect TV trick by making it a two-person method!
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Quote:
On 2009-05-25 20:12, wardmagic wrote:
Paul Daniels did a coin trick with a coin.

That's reassuring to hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Paul Daniels Houdini coin trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL