The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ultimate Zombie? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Great effect, part zombie, part seance style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKtfWnOmV8&feature=related
Superb effect!!
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
It has been posted many times before, but it does deserve to be posted again.

Fabulous!
-Matt
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Anybody know the name of the artist or have any information about the act?
Thanks,
Bill
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Jerome Marut. He is a brilliant performer. My wife and I had the pleasure of being featured on Le Plus Grande Cabaret du Monde with him once. However, contrary to popular belief, his method is not "Zombie" at all, except perhaps for a moment at one point where one might say it was Zombie-like, but not really. For the most part it is a much older method (if one would call it that). His routine is beautiful.

Jeb
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Actually his name is Jérome MURAT...
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
I cant uynderstand why everyone likes this so much. The ending is cool with the decapitated head but that's about it. This is more of a puppet show then a magic effect.
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
It's an artist thing. You wouldn't understand. Smile
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
The animation of the head is superb, the "seance" arm is well executed as an illusion. The transition of gimmicks is well executed. The artistic presentation overall and the choreography is smooth.
That's why I like it.
It's Axtell on steroids.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Quote:
On 2009-06-08 00:10, chrusa wrote:
I cant uynderstand why everyone likes this so much. The ending is cool with the decapitated head but that's about it. This is more of a puppet show then a magic effect.

And magic is just a bunch of special effects. Art is either understood, or not.

Jeb
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
sterlingsteal
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of sterlingsteal
Quote:
On 2009-06-08 00:10, chrusa wrote:

what r you thinking,, this is real magic, the essence of the art, a mental ride, your magic must evoke some emotion and this is text book !!!
sterlingsteal
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of sterlingsteal
This is real magic, if your magic must evoke emotion, this is a mental ride, this is the real art of magic,,, this is text book,, stop thinking about how its done , just enjoy the ride !!!!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
The simple fact that it doesn't look like a typical magic act is the reason I like it so much. If you can create a sense of wonder and evoke emotion in your audience, then what difference does it make if its accomplished with puppetry or mime or whatever. What I admire about this performer is that I believe he was successful in making the audience not care about the method and get just caught up in the story.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Thank you Jeb!
And as you read Café comments consider the source.
One man's junk is another's treasure.

Magically,
Walt
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
It seems that more was added to it since the last time I saw it. It would be great if some of the conventions in The States could book him.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ultimate Zombie? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL