The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
I want to perform a trick that is a "one a head". I will explain the general trick and ask a question. You pass out little square pieces of paper to your audience and ask the to write a quote on the paper and fold so you the magician can't see whats written on it. The pieces of paper are put into a hat and all mixed up. Your job as a magician is the take each piece hold it om your forehead and read the message is written, you then unfold the paper to see if you are right. Anyway I think you know the trick. My question is this: What is the best way to get started? Thanks!!
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1249 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
Please... please don't unfold to "see if you are right." Find a better justification than that if you can. Bob Cassidy's 4th dimensional telepathy in most any of its incarnations, provides you with both a rock-solid method and the extremely important subtleties.

This is just one solution. And you don't need to know anything beforehand for it to work. Other ways include a f****, a p*** (see Richard Busch, Millard Longman, et al.) a CT, a s****h, pl**ting an embarrassing-sounding one, etc. There are almost more options than you can think of.
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
MentalAlex
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MentalAlex
A switch for a marked dummy, and then a well covered read is always a favorite. You just need to "help" one person put their question slip in the hat. The easiest read is to find an excuse to turn your back for a moment, maybe while they are mixing up the hat and selecting the first one for you to read. Just keep your elbows pressed to your sides, so it doesn't look like your fidgeting back there.

I recommend you be nonspecific with your readings, but close enough to be eerie. That gives you the motivation to open the slips, so you can see what they actually wrote down.

Have fun with the one ahead, however you end up doing it! This routine has limitless potential, you just have to fidget all the little bits until you have it where you like!
Yannou
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Yannou
The latest Richard Osterlind book, Mystique, has a nice method to do exactly what you want, under people's noses.
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Pick up Annamann's One Man Psychic Routine and read his Telepathy Plus. This is exactly what you're looking for. I've been doing it for over 15 years and it never fails to garner a tremendous response from my audience. It requires virtually no preparation and the 3 pieces of paper could easily be carried in your wallet. It is not difficult technically but does require attention to detail.

Steve
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2009-05-29 22:59, JeffHall wrote:
I want to perform a trick that is a "one a head". I will explain the general trick and ask a question. You pass out little square pieces of paper to your audience and ask the to write a quote on the paper and fold so you the magician can't see whats written on it. The pieces of paper are put into a hat and all mixed up. Your job as a magician is the take each piece hold it om your forehead and read the message is written, you then unfold the paper to see if you are right. Anyway I think you know the trick. Anyway if is a one a head that trick. My question is this: How is the best way to started. I need to know whats on one of the squares before I start. Thanks!!

Jeff I suggest you move this topic to Inner Thought were it should be.
Talk of methodology is not to cool on the public forum.

Thanks,

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2009-05-30 09:29, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-05-29 22:59, JeffHall wrote:
I want to perform a trick that is a "one a head". I will explain the general trick and ask a question. You pass out little square pieces of paper to your audience and ask the to write a quote on the paper and fold so you the magician can't see whats written on it. The pieces of paper are put into a hat and all mixed up. Your job as a magician is the take each piece hold it om your forehead and read the message is written, you then unfold the paper to see if you are right. Anyway I think you know the trick. Anyway if is a one a head that trick. My question is this: How is the best way to started. I need to know whats on one of the squares before I start. Thanks!!

Jeff I suggest you move this topic to Inner Thought were it should be.
Talk of methodology is not to cool on the public forum.

Thanks,

Jim

Without question!
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hi Jeff,

It sounds like some of the discussions from my Switchcraft series would be right up your alley.

If you decide to pick it up, check out The Billet Machine and Secrets of The Masters Volume One. They both provide many ways to get one-ahead for the type of routine you are looking to perform.

Thanks again,

Elliott

PS. I agree that this thread should definitely be moved to Inner thoughts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL