The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Pulp Friction: Applications? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

estragon22
View Profile
New user
Ireland
81 Posts

Profile of estragon22
I can see some of the more obvious applications of this great move such as controlling a card to bottom or close to top, or making a reversed card on bottom appear in the centre.I've also seen a youtube clip called 'Moment of Zen' where the move is used to hide the condition of half the deck. I was wondering if anyone could throw some more light on what the possibilities of this great Lee Asher move are (without revealing any secrets, of course). Can't wait for the DVD.
Ray
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
There is an amazing routine of Lees in an issue of Penumbra called the 'Continental Divide'. It is an instant color seperation. While the issue of Penumbra is now out of print, I'm pretty sure that Lee will be releasing this routine on video in the near future.
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Quote:
On 2009-05-31 11:15, estragon22 wrote:
Can't wait for the DVD.
Ray

That's exactly right. You literally CAN'T wait for the DVD.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Lee Asher's booklet Hand Jobs has a great trick involving Pulp Friction, a color seperation thing.
monark
View Profile
Regular user
Southern IN
162 Posts

Profile of monark
I've seen a pretty cool video on Youtube (I think) where Lee does a sadwich effect using Pulp. Just search around and you may find it. Other than that, pretty much all other pulp material has been mentioned above. You can either get those items, create your own things, or track Lee down personally and drive him crazy until he either shows you more stuff or pokes your eyes out! Smile

And all while waiting for that DVD to finally hit (it's been 4 years and counting now, right? It HAS to be good if it's taking that long to make!)
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Does anyone know when I can find the video of Lee Asher using 'Pulp Friction' in a card sandwich? Have looked all over YouTube to no avail...

Can't wait for the 'Pulp Friction' DVD - I just hope I am not still saying that, four years from now...

Joe
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Cheers!

Joe
adamc
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
138 Posts

Profile of adamc
Pretty obvious, but I figured I might point it out: you can also use Pulp Friction to limit the spectators selection to only the top portion of the deck. Useful for routines such as Bannon's Play it Straight Triumph where the spectators must choose one of the top 13 cards
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Sounds like a good idea to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Pulp Friction: Applications? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL