The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Good ACR? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1249 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
Jeff, I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Your mother chose an AWESOME first name for you.

After this thread prompted some fury in my email inbox from "The One Who Has No Need for Advice"... I happily gave up. He mentioned that I would need thousands of people to agree with me before he would consider my criticism valid. My reply to him was that I thoroughly retract all of my advice, and I truly hope that he will NOT take advantage of my perspective.

I have nothing to prove to the man, and congratulate him on his tremendous youtube video accomplishment. But honestly, why would I want to offer good advice to someone with such a narrow-minded world view? I'll save it for those who love to learn, are eager to listen, and want to get better, to keep growing together in magic and art. And all of us will be waiting at the finish line for the few who thought they were so good that they didn't need to draft off each other like the rest of us. Every time someone disregards an opportunity to learn something or improve something, he falls a few steps further behind the rest of us.

-the other Jeff
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2009-06-14 22:52, pearljamjeff wrote:
Jeff, I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Your mother chose an AWESOME first name for you.

After this thread prompted some fury in my email inbox from "The One Who Has No Need for Advice"... I happily gave up. He mentioned that I would need thousands of people to agree with me before he would consider my criticism valid. My reply to him was that I thoroughly retract all of my advice, and I truly hope that he will NOT take advantage of my perspective.

I have nothing to prove to the man, whom I've never heard of and am constantly losing respect for. Why would I want to offer good advice to someone with such a narrow-minded world view? I'll save it for those who love to learn, are eager to listen and want to get better and keep growing together in magic and art. And all of us will be waiting at the finish line for the few who thought they were so good that they didn't need to draft off each other like the rest of us. Every time someone disregards an opportunity to learn something or improve something, he falls a few steps further behind the rest of us.

-the other Jeff

Can I get an amen! I said, can I get an amen! Can I get a hallelujah!

We live in a world where JoshsMagic should do everything I say, and I mean everything. He should change his entire routine based on what I say it should be. Do you know why? Because I have more performance experience than he has.

Thus, by his own standard and logic, his opinions are not valid and mine are.

Oh the irony.
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1249 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
It should be made clear, and I apologize if it was not, that my post was not referencing Joshua. While Josh has disagreed with some of the advice given, it cannot be denied that he has been listening and is striving to better himself. The only advice or teaching you should ever disregard is that you are ever above the need for advice or learning.

Jeff T
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Josh,
Was that Royal wallet you used or what type?
Tanks,
Bill
joshsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
189 Posts

Profile of joshsmagic
Quote:
On 2009-06-15 01:27, videoman wrote:
Josh,
Was that Royal wallet you used or what type?
Tanks,
Bill

Steve Draun's "the real man's wallet"...I love it to death!
joshsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
189 Posts

Profile of joshsmagic
Quote:
On 2009-06-14 23:29, pearljamjeff wrote:
It should be made clear, and I apologize if it was not, that my post was not referencing Joshua. While Josh has disagreed with some of the advice given, it cannot be denied that he has been listening and is striving to better himself. The only advice or teaching you should ever disregard is that you are ever above the need for advice or learning.

Jeff T

Thanks for pointing that out
joshsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
189 Posts

Profile of joshsmagic
Quote:
On 2009-06-04 18:43, AlienSpaceBat wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-03 18:21, joshsmagic wrote:
And just for Kamm's defense, by posting his videos up on youtube doesn't mean he's asking for advice or 'constructive criticism, this would be people saying that what he is doing is wrong and that would be 'destructive' criticism.

What exactly IS he asking for then ??? Only comments that say how brilliant the performance is ? If that is so then YouTube postings with comments enabled is the wrong way to go.

I actually like JK's ACR a great deal, but not 100%. Is that opinion worthless ?

where's the link for JK's ACR?
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
He's your mentor and you don't know where the link is? Google Ambitious Card and it's the very first video that comes up!
AlienSpaceBat
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of AlienSpaceBat
Quote:
On 2009-06-19 17:19, joshsmagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-04 18:43, AlienSpaceBat wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-03 18:21, joshsmagic wrote:
And just for Kamm's defense, by posting his videos up on youtube doesn't mean he's asking for advice or 'constructive criticism, this would be people saying that what he is doing is wrong and that would be 'destructive' criticism.

What exactly IS he asking for then ??? Only comments that say how brilliant the performance is ? If that is so then YouTube postings with comments enabled is the wrong way to go.

I actually like JK's ACR a great deal, but not 100%. Is that opinion worthless ?

where's the link for JK's ACR?

Josh - it's on YouTube, as previously mentioned.

I have seen it there. I'm not particularly bothered about watching it again at the moment.

As a result I haven't been to the YouTube site just so I can search for "kamm acr", copy the link, come back to the Café, then post it in this thread. All so you don't have to do it ...? Smile
joshsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
189 Posts

Profile of joshsmagic
Quote:
On 2009-06-19 17:34, MickeyPainless wrote:
He's your mentor and you don't know where the link is? Google Ambitious Card and it's the very first video that comes up!

wow, this is going to sound really retarded, but up until now I had no idea JK was referring to Jon Kamm. lol, sorry folks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Good ACR? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL