The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Hippity hop rabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
554 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
I've just found this trick in my garage but really don't know what kind of stody can be linked to it? any suggestion on a story for this beautiful trick?
thanks in adavnce/Fabio
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
One story I've never seen done by anyone except Wiz Kid Fred, who generally hated the Hippity Hop Rabbits but finally made his own version... he tells the story of two bunnies who were friends but never could seem to get together. When one bunny went to visit his friend, it turned out that his friend had gone to his house to see him (this is all done with no turning around of the houses). And back and forth they went, never quite able to meet up. Finally one bunny got an idea. He called his friend on a cell phone and told her to stay in her house and he would come and visit her. It worked. Now the bunnies were together in just one house. The next day they tried the same plan and met together in the first bunny's house. They grew so friendly that they decided to get married (now the black bunny is seen wearing a tuxedo and the white bunny is in a wedding dress). It wasn't long before they had lots of little bunnies running around the house and they lived happily ever after (The wedding dressed bunnies are turned to show the black bunny with a baby white bunny in his arms, and the white bunny with a baby black bunny in her arms, plus lots of little bunnies around their feet.)

Fred used a standard Hippity Hop set with the red and yellow bunnies repainted black and white with the wedding garments on. The baby bunnies are on an additional clear plastic overlay cling-on which is attached to the regular bunnies for the ending. There is no screaming of "turn it around...no, the other way!"
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
The only people who seem to tire of this trick and talk about how much they hate it are magicians. Everytime I have performed this for kids, they love it. They love to scream "turn it around" as well. This is one of the oldest concepts in children's magic.

I must admit, though, that after reading the above post, I love Wiz Kid Fred's concept ! He is one bright magi....

:)

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
I doubt if this is an original routine, but here's the way I perform them. I start off by lifting off the covers to show a white and a black bunny. I tell the kids that I'm going to magically make the 2 rabbits change places. I put the covers on and turn them around. I then say "By a feat of incredibly skilled magic I have made the rabbit's change places !". I then lift the covers off to show that they have changed places. Of course the kids start yelling that I just turned them around. I pretend that I think they really were amazed so I tell them I'll do it again. After that, the kids are getting pretty vocal about me turning them around. I then pull the shells off with the covers and ask them " What do you want me to do to prove that was real magic ?". They say " Turn them around ", so I spin one clockwise around in my hands, Of course they yell " No the other way ", so I hold it to my chest and spin a quick circle. By now the kids are getting pretty wild so I set them both down on the table and ask them what they think is on the other side of the white rabbit, they yell black, and I spin it around to show the yellow rabbit then do the same with the other one. It works well for me and I hope it may give you an idea or 2.
Bob.
drosenbe0813
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island, NY
405 Posts

Profile of drosenbe0813
I would love to find a version that is not 'die cut' with bunnies, so that I can modify it with my own graphics. I bought some plans, but am not really carpentry inclined.

I have a version that has astronauts on it, so that it's different from most other peoples. It does get a great reaction.

David (FunN) Rosenberg
http://www.davidfunn.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Take a look at the photo of Jim Gerrish's "Hippity Hop Whatevers" from his Hardboard and Duct Tape Magic Book 1 on my site. He shows how you can use rectangular pieces and just glue pictures on them that you print out with your computer printer. You don't need the die-cut versions unless you feel you really need them for some reason.

Another alternative is to check out your local craft store for wooden figures used in crafts. My new section called "Woodcraft Witchcraft" has a photo of a Tinkerbell wood cutout doll found in a Craft Shop for a buck. They also have other figures of cowboys, pirates and so on that could easily be used for Hippity Hops. In fact, it's so easy to turn these into Hippity Hops that I set myself the challenge of coming up with NEW effects for them and deliberately avoiding Hippity Hops, Fraidy Cats, and Forgetful Whatnots in any of the plots I am working on.

I could use some help with this (hint! hint!) because I have fallen far behind in my load of new projects, if anyone has any interesting new ideas for woodcraft dolls.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
I use the Hip Hop Magician from Chance Wolf. My story is that "for today only I talked one of the greatest magicians to come here from Las Vegas to perform his most famous magic illusion, the "Transposition" trick. I then introduce the mgician Mr. Cool and his lovely assistant (on the other card) Miss Ditzy Broad. The kids seem to enjoy watching and yelling etc. Check out Wolf Magic for top of the line products.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
optimystik
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of optimystik
Quote:
On 2009-06-02 21:31, Whitewolfny wrote:
I then introduce the mgician Mr. Cool and his lovely assistant (on the other card) Miss Ditzy Broad.

Doesn't bother me but some "moms" might take offense to the term "broad"...which was an acceptble term years ago but not so much today.

If you notice any drop off in return bookings you may want to change Miss Ditzy "Broad" to just plain Miss Ditzy.
IMHO.
Stephen
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Try "Ms Demeanor."
Professor Spellbinder

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Hippity hop rabbit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL