The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cards across question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Profile of MichaelOzMagic
Heyy everyone I was wondering what way does mac king do his cloak of invisibilty or cards across. If anyone could help me out that would be great cause I'm pretty sure he dosent palm anything, thanks magician life
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Why not contact Mac and ask!

MMc
MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Not a bad idea but if anyone knows could you plase tell me where I could learn how to do this because I would like to add this to my show.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Very simple, very basic. Buy the $20 L&L DVD on the cards across, Bill Malone's rendition is the closest to Mac's handling. The real secret to Mac's routine is his blocking, which he said on the Magic Newswire is actually Peter Studebaker's (I'm sure I spelled that wrong).
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
If you're looking for material to add to your act, I would humbly suggest you start by looking at material that is published, not material that is in someone else's act (or, do as Mickey suggests and ask!)
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Dave Solomon also has a very nice handling with no palming that is very good.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Quote:
On 2009-06-02 10:09, jcards01 wrote:
Dave Solomon also has a very nice handling with no palming that is very good.

Agreed!, jcards01:)
(And it's a 'keeper')

Warmest regards,

Sixten
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Here's an idea! Come up with your own version and don't steal somebody elses. There's a reason that Mac does his routine...so YOU don't have too!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I highly recommend the L&L DVD mentioned above, as it has so many different variations on cards across, and can lead to your own version. Almost all of them require palming; but Simon Aronson has a very strong trick Red See Passover which combines the Princess trick along with cards across, and requires no palming!
MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Heyy everyone I'm not looking to take anyones idea or twist on a trick. Im going to make my own routine. Thanks to everyone who has suggested L&L DVD I'm going to have to look into that routine, Magician 4life
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Quote:
On 2009-06-02 16:00, magician 4life wrote:
Heyy everyone I'm not looking to take anyones idea or twist on a trick. Im going to make my own routine. Thanks to everyone who has suggested L&L DVD I'm going to have to look into that routine, Magician 4life

Don't let the creativity Nazis get you down. Clearly, doing an exact copy of Mac King presentation is a no no, but the cards across are clearly part of our creative commons

Gil
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Mac's signature thing here is the cloak of invisibility. That's what should not be used by others. As pointed out, Mac holds the palmed cards for an uncomfortably long time due to the structure of the routine. It's also a form of time misdirection which heads off backtracking to the method.

Daryl has an excellent method using gaffs in which cards merely thought of travel across. One of the best ungaffed methods is Zen's Cards Across. It's a classic.

Mike
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On 2009-06-02 17:33, Mike Powers wrote:
One of the best ungaffed methods is Zen's Cards Across. It's a classic.

Michael Ammar tips his take of Zen's on the L&L DVD. Again I HIGHLY recommend to anyone who wants to do the cards across. Whether seated or standing up, table or no table, palming or no palming, there is a routine here for you. The best part as with all DVDs in this series is that you have many professional routines to pull from. I don't think the OP ever had intentions of copying from MK's routine, but there is something to be learned from watching how he approaches it from a technical stand point
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cards across question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL