The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Patrick Gregoire - Magicians' Royal Feast volumes 1&2, Gadget Manuscript, Whacko, Oh Snap (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I just wanted to let everyone know about the PDFs that I am currently selling at http://www.pgmagicproductions.synthasite.com

These are not new. Most people simply haven't paid any attention to them and I feel that is a shame because they are worthy of your attention. I'm starting this thread in the hopes that you will at least take a look and take them into consideration.

Any questions from anyone or any comments from those who do own any of these are certainly welcome!

Here are the PDFs, their effects and the descriptions. I have kept most of the descriptions short and sweet so as not to reveal too much method-wise.

Magicians' Royal Feast volume 1

Volume 1 of the Magicians' Royal Feast series contains 15 excellent magic effects that you are sure to enjoy! Here's the menu:

SKITTLES - Three cards have backs that keep changing colors. No gaffs and is completely examinable at the end.

Undercover Girls - Four jokers are shown front and back. They are supposedly queens in disguise. A spectator names his/her favorite queen, and one of the jokers changes into that queen. To prove that they are all queens in disguise, the other three jokers change to queens as well. There is the optional extra phase of handing them the four queens at the end and their named queen vanishes from their hand and appears in your pocket. Everything is examinable. No gaffs.

Undercover Girls version 2 - Four jokers are shown, a queen is named and one of the jokers transforms into the named queen.

Whose Card is it Anyway? - A spectator's name appears on the back of their signed card.

1+1 - A short coin trick that packs a wallop! The climax happens in their hands.

4 Leaf Clover - an indifferent card turns face down and transforms into the selected card.

#1 Fan - An elegant way to reveal a selected card.

Rubber - A coin production.

Red Belly - A borrowed ring is pushed into your belly button, internally worked up through your body and gagged out of your mouth.

Deep Impact - A spectator's favourite colour is printed on the back of their selected card.

Face Off - Two cards switch backs with each other.

Watch the Ring - A borrowed ring penetrates the band of a borrowed watch.

Riddle-Me-Bill - A fresh new take on the $100 bill change that incorporates the bill change and the bill to impossible location.

Shock Switch - Two card transposition with signed cards. Impromptu

Point Production - Produce objects from your bare hands. Perform in short sleeves. Perform naked! Impromptu as long as you have an item to produce.

Magicians' Royal Feast volume 2

Volume 2 of the Magicians' Royal Feast series contains 17 great magic effects and sleights that you WILL enjoy! Here's the menu:

Totem - A "coins from cards" effect with a new method that will virtually do the work for you. No gimmicks. Smoothness comes inherently with this method.

Tape Worm - Two pieces of masking tape stuck to the back of a signed card visually fuses back together into one piece.

Earie Departure - A three phase coin routine where the coin vanishes and reappears in different locations on your body.

Small Minds - A comedic card prediction with a serious twist.

Hurricane - Ultra-clean two card transposition with signed cards.

G.T. - A coin switch

Perfectly Incorrect - Your prediction of a selected card is incorrect but you manage to correct it in a very visual manner.

The Bilbo Shuffle - A full deck false shuffle.

Tape Recorder - Two drawings change places on the backs of two selected cards.

Road Trip - A two card transposition with a twist.

Cyclone - Psychokinesis of light objects

Sonic Boom - Make small objects vanish. No sleeves required. No gimmicks. Impromptu if you have the certain something with you.

Tech Deck - The deck of cards transforms into your cell phone and their card is pulled out of it.

Roller Coaster - An incredible prediction effect with a deck of cards. Predict their card, its position in the deck and a freely named time of day. It all meshes together into one powerhouse of an effect.

The Octopus Illusion - self-vanish, self-teleportation, self-morph, etc. This one is for stage.

Pasteboard Pressure - A card is selected, signed and lost in the deck. The spectator replaces the deck in the card box. You proceed to squeeze the box until it flattens out on your palm and all that is left is a single card; their signed selection.

The Replacement - Two card transposition with a bit more to it.

The Gadget Manuscript

This manuscript is all about performing magic over the internet. It contains 6 mentalism effects that are to be performed in chatrooms and over webcam. These effects are EXTREMELY STRONG. Here they are:

Pre-Mail - A game of intuition is played with your spectator and they end up correctly guessing what image you had saved in your photobucket account!

Aneurysm - You hold a balled up piece of paper in your hand on webcam and ask your spectator to name someone special to them. You unfold the paper ball and the same name is written on the paper! This is not limited to names.

The B.N. Book Test - A long distance book test (This is the only effect in this document that will not always work. In fact, the chances of it working are pretty slim. However, it does work from time to time, it's an interesting concept and when it doesn't work it doesn't really matter because you built it up to be something that might not work. It is REALLY STRONG when it hits.

Target Practice - You hold a playing card, back towards the webcam, in full view and ask the spectator to try and remote view the card. They will be surprised when you show them that they were correct!

The Audio Swindle - You have a video you want to show someone over a chat? Send them the link but before they watch it ask them what their favourite genre of music is. When they watch the video, it has that genre of music playing during the video!

Notepad and Dreamer. - You send someone an audio file on msn but ask them not to accept it just yet. Ask them what they would name if you asked them to name absolutely anything. They answer, they accept the file, they listen to it and it's a recording of you predicting what they would name! Don't have a microphone? Don't worry! Use Window's Notepad to send them a written prediction. Dreamer (the audio prediction) is simply a variation/improvement on Notepad.

Note: Alan Rorrison has come up with the same effect and method as Dreamer. We both created the effect independantly and we are in harmony with the situation. He calls it Digital Divination.

Oh Snap!

This is a PDF which focuses on the "broken and restored" theme. There are two main effects and three bonus effects. Here's a list of the effects and their descriptions:

Fried - A french fry is torn and restored at the fingertips. Completely Impromptu. You can even perform this with Dandelions now that it's Summer! Makes it even more practical!

Silver Salvage - A paper clip and otherwise empty hands are shown. The paper clip is bent back and forth at the fingertips until it breaks into two pieces. The paperclip is then restored with a simple rub of the fingers. It's examinable.

The Rotary Change - Show your hands empty except for a coin and transform it into another coin.

Oh Snap! - A silver dollar is broken into two half dollars.

Fusion Coins - Two half dollars fuse together to form a silver dollar, then separate into two half dollars once more.

Whacko! (PDF)

This PDF is very different. It contains a whole bunch of ideas and effects that will hopefully stimulate creativity within you.

Don't expect to find anything to use right away, you'll need to invest some time and thought into these if you want to use them.

Here's the table of contents:

Gridlock - You divine which book, wine bottle, etc that a spectator chose to think of from a bookshelf or a wine rack, etc.

Posted - You and a spectator hold hand around a pole and you ask them to close their eyes and pull you towards them. They pull you straight through the pole.

Banana Phone - You use your hand as a phone and call a spectator's cell, talk to them and reveal their thought!

Free - A way to allow a spectator to reveal another spectator's thought.

Isolation Cell - A way to read someone's mind from an isolated room all alone while they are somewhere else in the building.

Automatism - Predict what someone will freely draw.

Into Thin Air - Vanish someone under a blanket.

Hook Vanish - A ring vanish

Downfall - A signed coin to shoe

Stench - A signed coin to shoe

Chug It! - Gradually vanish the beverage from a soda bottle by sliding your hand along the bottle.

Pocket Power - I can't describe this one too much because it might tip off the method but it involves a spectator marking an unknown card on its back. Later on they name a card and it is seen to be the card they drew the X on. That's the gist of it.

Pop-a-Coin - Coin in balloon

Turnover Reverse - A way to reverse the deck in full view.

Hoody Production - Item production from a silk.

Jekyll & Hyde - Self-vanish, self-teleportation, self-morph. This one is for stage.

Jekyll & Hyde Revamped - Self-vanish, self-teleportation, self-morph. This one is for stage.

MSN Reader - Read peoples' minds

Stealing Valuable Time - Transposition of a coin and a spectator's watch.

Self-Tying Tie - Your tie is untied. You stroke it with your hand and it is instantly tied.

My Milk Can Escape - A method for the classic Milk Can Escape.

Swift Current - Self-teleportation in the style of The New Transported Man from The Prestige.

I also have Magicians' Royal Feast volumes 3&4 in the works as well as Whacky! (the sequel to Whacko!) and the Swindler's Scrapbook (a pdf with several gambling/con man themed effects).
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
These are some pretty interesting effects...

Bernardo Rodriguez
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey,

Appologeese to Patrick. He did send me an email not to long ago asking me for a review that I had promised a little while ago.

the Gadget manuscript is an awesom manuscript. I'm a huge fan of internet magic and it has been a huge facination of mine for a little while. After Alan Rorrison's recomendation, I grabbed hold of it. The effects are beyond clever. There are things on your computer that I bet you didn't even know and the ones you do know about, you'll be completely shocked at how you can use them.

The Long distance booktest is gorgeous, this and Dreamer will knock ANYONE dead. When Alan Performed it to me, my reactions was one of pure shock. To have someone speak to send you a prediction that they cannot tamper with BEFORE you name Any word and for that message to be him telling me what I didn't previously know I was going to say! I nearly had a heart attack.

Patrick has really taken the time out to explore all the possibilities of the modern day computer. Things that you will not dream possible! This is an awesom book Greg and one I would recomend to any techo freak. And for all those technophobes out there... everything is VERY easy to do and VERY well thought out. By far the best long distance, technoloical effects ive ever come across!

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Thank you so much for your review Jamie! I'm super glad you enjoyed the document and I wish you loads of fun performing the effects!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Ur crazy if you do not buys these
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

I didn't pay him to say that! Thanks Alan!
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Just to let everyone know, I am currently having a bundle deal at my online shop. Choose any three effects you'd like from my PDF's and receive all three for just $6! For more information, go to http://www.pgmagicproductions.synthasite.com

If you need more information about certain effects, just PM me on here and I'll do my best to meet your needs.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Here is a review for the Gadget Manuscript, written by a member of MagicalProTeachings.com:

Hello All MPT! This is my Review of “The Gadget Manuscript” from PGMagicProductions.com. First I will review the Entire Manuscript as a whole and then each of the tricks themselves.

At first glance it seems to be a very good eBook. It has 6 effects and is defiantly worth the price. The EBook is well made and has plenty of photos to go along with the effects so that you can better understand how the tricks are performed. These are all Mental-ism effects that are used over the Internet either by IM, email, chat rooms, Webcams, and video calls. Since everyone now days are on the internet it would be best for the Magician to know some effects that they can perform on webcam and other means of communication.

Pre-Mail:
Nice effect! This has potential to be very powerful! The effect in the right hands can make real magic. Everything is fair and it uses what EVERYONE has… email! As to the method it is very ingenious and something I don’t think anyone will think of… in fact, they don’t have to because what you are performing is something that is just not possible. Which in turn can really beef up your reputation with your online connections.

Aneurysm:
Love the effect! It’s a great piece of Mental-ism to do if you are chatting on webcam either in a chat room or via your favorite IM (instant messenger). It only takes about 5 min to get the effect down good and is one of those effects that just seems like there is no possible way that it could be done. You just hold a piece of paper in front of the camera balled up with a prediction on it... the spec names something you open the balled up piece of paper and its what they thought! The Method is smart and not one that is easily thought of. Even when I tried to come up with a method it was way off base to the actual workings of the trick.

The B.N. Book Test:
Okay, this is the only effect in this E-Book that is not 100% going to work. After reading the method and taking time to fully understand all that is going on during the trick if it does work this is one of the most powerful pieces of mental-ism that you can perform. Being that the spectator can pick any novel they want! NO FORCE! It’s that good… I understand why it doesn’t work 100% but I would say that it would work anywhere from 70-90% of the time. It depends on all the different factors going on in the trick and the choices that are made.

Target Practice:
This is one of the effects that seems to good to be true… you hold up a playing card to the webcam and ask the spec to name a card you flip the card over and it’s their named card! No funny moves, just pure illusion! When I first saw this one I was completely baffled by it. There was just NOTHING fishy about the trick. It’s EXACTLY how I said. You hold a playing card in front of the cam, they name a card, flip the card over and its that named card. Simply one of the coolest effects out there! And one I have used over and over and get AMAZING reactions from it! The spectators just can’t comprehend how something like this could be done!

The Audio Swindle:
This one is pretty funny actually. When I first read about this effect I came up with a really weird method and when I read the method I laughed… it was far more simple than what I thought… it’s pretty straight forward… you send someone a link to a you tube video and tell them not to open it yet… ask them to name any genre of music and then they click on the video and that genre of music is playing! It’s an effect that I will be using in the near future! Its great!

Notepad and Dreamer:
Notepad I have used countless amount of times! What’s so great about this one is that it packs small but hits big! I’ve performed it time and time again and the spectators just love it! It really seems like I have a connection with the person and it really makes you seems like a mentalist or psychic! Dreamer is almost just like Notepad but uses sound instead of written text. I have not performed this effect yet but, I plan to! I actually thought of a slightly different way to use this effect and I plan on doing so… One that uses BOTH Notepad AND Dreamer at the SAME TIME! Muah ha ha ha haaaaa…

So in closing these effects are extremely effective and put in the right hands, can be amazing pieces of mental-ism! If you are into mental-ism and have a webcam, microphone, you tube account, IM (preferably Yahoo IM or MSN IM… some effects will not work with AIM) and a email account, then this is something that you should get! I can pretty much guarantee that you will be using these effects all the time! So If you would like to purchase this effect please go to http://pgmagicproductions.synthasite.com/products.php and click on “The Gadget Manuscript”
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Patrick did Target Pratice for me and this is a great thing to do for non Magician friends that you video chat with.
Not sure if Patrick would do it,but I bet if you pm him and ask he would do it for you.
I loved it for what it is and under the conditions above it's a cool,simple and strong effect to a laymen.
S
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Thanks for the comment Steve! Just so everyone knows, I've also performed Target Practice for other magicians and completely fried them. It's guaranteed to fool laymen and it'll fool a good part of magicians.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
When you did it for me,i had a grin thinking no way is this gonna hit and then BAM!
I think most magicians will enjoy it as I did and is a fun thing to do for other Magicians also as on first viewing I feel they will enjoy it a lot and laymen just don't have a chance.

So Patrick,are you willing to do Target for some Café members?
If so I would like to hear others comments on the experience.
I simply enjoyed the ride and think others would also.
Lots of fun,
Steve
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

I'd be ready for sure, but I'm not too sure how effective it will be now that they know what will happen. Part of its effectiveness is catching them off-guard. I'm still willing to demonstrate it to anyone willing to experience it if they PM me. It looks just like it reads; not much to see lol. You hold a card back towards the cam, they name what they think it is, you turn it over and it's the correct card.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Will Notepad in the Gadget work with:

Google Chat: Yes or No
Yahoo Chat: Yes or No
MSN Chat: Yes or No
Facebook Chat: Yes or No
Twitter Chat: Yes or No

Thank you,
Mike
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Basically, any instant messenger that allows you to send them a file but requires them to accept the file should work.
Dizzidiz
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Dizzidiz
Hey everyone. I've known pat for awhile, even though we have since gone our separate ways, and I have to vouch for him. Pat has a very practical and out of the box mind. no, these are not the end-all be-all manuscripts. but the ideas in here are great. If you don't put one of these routines into your repertoire, you are sure to at least use them as inspiration.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Thanks Dizzi, I appreciate the comment. Remember when I totally blew your mind with the B.N. Book Test? Priceless.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Hello Everyone,

A while back, I had purchased The Gadget Manuscript. Although it does not get much attention, let me tell you...it's an absolutely wonderful document that will impress immensely!

If you use the internet (come on, who doesn't these days), then you will find great use for this manuscript. Magicians and mentalists will really enjoy the material.

I loved the BN Book Test. I will not say what it stands for on this thread, but you will recognize it when you see it. This is a powerful book test that happens by telephone!!!!! Although it is not 100%, I have had about a 90% success rate with it. Any book, anytime, anywhere!!! It is ohhh soooo easyyy!!!! And based on a subtlety provided, the spectator will have no clue when you are doing the dirty work. Highly recommended!!!!! And oh, did I mention...the spectator can choose any book they want that resides in their home...a book, you have never seen before!!! Smile

Regards,
Mike
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Thanks for your review Mike, I'm glad you love The Gadget Manuscript!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Patrick Gregoire - Magicians' Royal Feast volumes 1&2, Gadget Manuscript, Whacko, Oh Snap (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL