The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Knowing the date on a coin - Canadians only (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
Thanks to everyone who sent me a PM. Soon, a full document regarding Canadian coins will be available.

Your Friend,
- Dan
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
This is going to be quiet usefull,
Thanks Dan for the reply

Daren
Twitter @darjames
jiggyjer
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jiggyjer
This is really a shame. Without pm'ing you, I know exactly the principle to which you are reffering. I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, others are correct in saying that DB originated the use of the principle involved. I couldn't believe my luck when I discovered years ago that it could be done with one of our canadian named coins. Didn't hurt that I was working I a bar at the time and had the chance to go though mountains of coins to dicover the secret. But alas the secret is out. Rest assured that performed just as written by DB it is extremely strong.
Also, I think now is actually the sweet spot for performing this effect. When I first started playing with it years ago the effect was a little to obvious with what I would estimate to be a nearly 95% success rate making it too easy to back track.
Those of you in the know, have fun with it while it lasts.
jiggyjer
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jiggyjer
I might also suggest that you look for trends in canadian made bank notes. These are also fun to play with ( leave the routining up to you)

Have fun
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
Hey jiggyjer, I PM'd you with the details and my additional findings.

Your friend,
- Dan
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
The hit rate is very juicy indeed. Especially when you use the methods for multiple spectators selecting a coin. I'd say it's less that 95% now, more like 85 - 90%.. Perfect, really.

Your friend,
- Dan
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
My friend Brandon from grandville island sent me a message today. He met a mentalist and the mentalist was able to guess the date on his coin! I thought that was very cool. Brandon says the mentalist was from PEI. Congrats, Brandon was fried!

Your friend,
- Dan
stashu
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of stashu
Dan! What a handy and neat idea youve got going on here! Way to go!
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey Dan

That guy was me!
I sure hope you didn't tell him!

And it didn't hurt that I followed it up with Osterlind's Miracle Thought Projection.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Robaire
View Profile
New user
CANADA
65 Posts

Profile of Robaire
Quote:
On 2009-07-04 14:02, Daniel Normandeau wrote:
Thanks to everyone who sent me a PM. Soon, a full document regarding Canadian coins will be available.

Dan, I pm'ed you. Thanks in advance. Is that document on Canadian coins near ready.

Looking forward to receiving the secret to your coin effect.

"Robaire
State of Mind - Magic for the Intelligent Mind: Where the laws of space and time, cause and effect, are momentarily suspended.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJxLexIfuLc&feature=youtu.be
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Quote:
Derren Brown had something like that with UK coins, though I have NO idea if he originated the effect.

In Pure Effect he basically throws away the effect, saying it's not reliable enough for his purposes. I took it and expanded it to use any gold or silver UK coin, and added a subtle force to shore up the expanded effect. I wrote it up in Naked Mentalism.
Remember, though: it's a Naked effect. You will miss sometimes, but the misses will be real.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Knowing the date on a coin - Canadians only (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL