The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Colour-Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Hi All,
I have just finished creating my first ever E-book, which I am very excited about.
Please let me know what you think, it would be very much appreciated!
It can be found here:

http://stores.lulu.com/thaumaturgy

Thanks Everyone,

Christo
Thaumaturge
MagicRoo
View Profile
New user
Germany
18 Posts

Profile of MagicRoo
To be honest, I don't understand the effect ... :-(

Maybe my english is that bad but it makes no sense. Especially when you say

Quote:
...and secretly attaches the ring to one of five coloured strings...

It sounds as if the spectator does know that you "secretly" (?) attach the ring.

Sorry...I don't understand it.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
He means that you secretly tie the string onto the ring and then the spectator has to guess which string has it attached. It's a Just Chance type routine. Interesting idea.

Good magic to all,

Eric
MagicRoo
View Profile
New user
Germany
18 Posts

Profile of MagicRoo
Thanks, now it makes more sense to me Smile
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Here we go MagicRoo, I've tweaked the description so it should hopefully be clearer now:

Effect:

The performer asks for any ring to be borrowed and attaches the ring to one of five coloured strings - the audience do not know which one.

The performer displays the 5 coloured pieces of string, each with a coloured card attached and hanging from the performer's hand.

4 spectators cleanly and freely choose one of the five colours, which is shown to be an empty loop.

These are handed out as souvenirs (Business cards are always god here!).

The final colour dangling is pulled free, by the performer, or the spectator, and is shown to have the ring attached to the string...it can be examined.
The string is cut, and the ring and its owner are once again reunited.

Consider the following:

No gimmicked ring – The ring can be genuinely borrowed.
No 'loose' knots - The string is genuinely tied into a loop (with whichever knots you feel are needed).
No P.A.T.E.O or Equivoque – Each spectator genuinely has a free choice over their colour choice.
No sleights, switches or duplicates.

A detailed 13-page E-book containing method, presentation, tips and ideas.
Thaumaturge
MagicRoo
View Profile
New user
Germany
18 Posts

Profile of MagicRoo
Thank you, I think I understand it now. Just one more quetion:

The "magic"-effect would be that the ring will always remain on the last string, right?
Jubin
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Jubin
If you read the effect well, it seems to be that. "The final colour dangling is pulled free, by the performer, or the spectator, and is shown to have the ring attached to the string...it can be examined."
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
I'd call it more of a mentalism / mental magic effect. I have included 2 really neat presentations. One is a Russian Roulette style effect, where each spec must avoid the bullet (this being represented by the ring), and one based on psychometry. I have been very careful in each one to reverse the 'sucker' effect. This means that every spectator who takes part feels successful in the part they have played, with the addition of the 'souvenir' card and strings ... if you're feeling flush that is!hehe.
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
I've just received word from http://www.magicshop.co.uk that they liked this very much and will be hosting my ebook on their site as of monday.
The retail price will be £7.99.
I will have to adjust the price at lulu.com accordingly.
If you would like to purchase this, I will honor the original price of £5.99 until Sunday 14th June 2009. If you are interested, please visit http://stores.lulu.com/thaumaturgy

Thank you for all the support and great comments I have received,

Christo
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
A big thank you to all the great comments that have been coming my way, I'm so pleased some of you have taken the plunge, and are enjoying this. Thank you.
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
My small offering can finally be found at:

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p3400/Colour_......nfo.html
As well as at http://stores.lulu.com/thaumaturgy

If anybody would like a free copy to post a review, please PM me your details and I'll get one out to you for review.

Thank you all so much!
Thaumaturge
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
I see no one has posted a review of this effect yet. I came across this effect while searching for info on the Safwan Papers. Too bad I didn't come read this earlier so I could get the 'free sample' for reviewing. I read reviews elsewhere and I couldn't resist buying this. The effect is exactly as described in the add. I think this will be a nice add-on to my repertoire. I played with it and I will use it at my next gig.
I think with a little practice this effect can be done with a key as well. Which opens some other presentational possibilities. (7 keys to baldpate effect with only one key?)
The mechanics of the effect are easy but depending on your handiness can take a few tries to get it working. The explanation of the effect is illustrated with photos so everyone shoud be able to learn this in no time.
I like this one.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2009-10-10 18:56, Bartelli wrote:
I see no one has posted a review of this effect yet. I came across this effect while searching for info on the Safwan Papers. Too bad I didn't come read this earlier so I could get the 'free sample' for reviewing. I read reviews elsewhere and I couldn't resist buying this. The effect is exactly as described in the add. I think this will be a nice add-on to my repertoire. I played with it and I will use it at my next gig.
I think with a little practice this effect can be done with a key as well. Which opens some other presentational possibilities. (7 keys to baldpate effect with only one key?)
The mechanics of the effect are easy but depending on your handiness can take a few tries to get it working. The explanation of the effect is illustrated with photos so everyone shoud be able to learn this in no time.
I like this one.

Bartelli:

Thanks for the nice comments. However, I should point this out: due to leaving for Afghanistan very soon, the only item I will be offering for the immediate future is my eBook "The Safwan Papers." I am glad you like my effects, though!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Thank you Bartelli, it is always so rewarding to hear that people are gaining something from my work. I hope it went well!
Apologies for the late reply...its not easy being sent away, as Bryn will know, for weeks at a time with out much contact to the real world! (would the magic Café be classed as the real world?)
Thank you once again,

Christo
Thaumaturge
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2009-11-20 15:34, Thaumaturge wrote:
Apologies for the late reply...its not easy being sent away, as Bryn will know, for weeks at a time with out much contact to the real world! (would the magic Café be classed as the real world?)
Thank you once again,

Christo

Christo:

Yes, sometimes logging onto the Café is about as "Real_World" as one can get!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Colour-Ring (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL