The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Scout Banquet promo video, Any suggestions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gordon russ
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of gordon russ
Hey guys I recently worked this a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX8QTrCIcIQ I plan on adding it to my web site or to send a link to scout banquet clients that are interested in my show. I made this while I was at my cabin with a Windows Movie Maker. Is it good enough to let my clients see it? I have no experience in video making, this is my first effort. The music is not my first choice as You Tube would not let me use "In the Mood" by Glenn Miller. So I had to find some copy right free music. I now have some my show on video from a scout banquet but have to figure out how to add some clips to this video.

Just a note on the photos at the end of the clip they were all taking by scouts that I handed a camera to at the start of the show.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Well several things. The music in the background of the endorsements, lose it. It is too hard to hear what they are saying over it. Get more video stabilization when filming those endorsements, it jumped all over the place very distracting. Don't ask on tape "what did you think of the show" Just let the endorser say, It was a great show, etc. If they can say your name, all the better. At the start of the video you have all this movement and jumping around from the lack of stabilization, then it goes to still pictures. If you are going to use stills of your act, put up a still of the magic first (they need to know what the endorsement is about) then an endorsement, then a different still, then an endorsement, etc. so there is an even quality to the whole of the video.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
gordon russ
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of gordon russ
Thanks Father, I like the idea of showing a still and then an endorsement. The video is shaky since I took it with my camera. (the one I give to the kid in the audience). I now have a new video camera so the video endorsements should be less shaky. I have started coaching the endorser to use my name because it does sound better. I will keep working on the videos I get better footage

Gordon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Scout Banquet promo video, Any suggestions? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL