The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need Help with 'Psychic Mind Reader ' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jo
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of jo
Hi

Check this out:

http://mr-31238.mr.valuehost.co.uk/assets/Flash/psychic.swf

I have made this into a portable effect so that it can be used at trade show demonstrations, with the option of delivering any message or idea that fits said show.
My presentation is based on psychologically influencing peoples choice.

My question is this:
1)Has anyone used this kind of effect before?
2)And if so, how effective was it?
3) Is the method too obvious?

I have tried it out on a couple of people on a one-on-one basis, and found that about 2 out of ten catch on to the secret. I am thus working on time misdirection and keeping their minds too busy during the effect to try and 'work it out'. I have a promotion for a new store opening in a couple of weeks time and was thinking of using it. I have printed a couple of sheets with different force letters that could (or maybe not) spell out the store's name. I am still deciding on whether that fits the presentation or not. Its meant to be a light-hearted effect set somewhere inbetween silks and burned and restored effect (an ambigram of new store's name). I am not intending it to be serious mentalism at all. But would appreciate your input.

Regards

Jo
Knil Gnissim
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Knil Gnissim
Hi

There are a few effects like this on the web - I think there are some links to them on this board somewhere.

It is a good effect, and while I worked out what was happening pretty quickly, it caught me the first time. So, if you can avoid too much scrutiny, then you may be ok.

Of course, it's possible that others may have seen similar things on the web.

Knil
vratkins
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans USA
151 Posts

Profile of vratkins
I like the effect, although there are a lot of on-line mind reading effects out there that use this principle. The first time I saw a version of this I was stunned.

I did notice one programming error. The first time I ran it, when I hid the "Try again" button the same symbols came up next to the same numbers.
Regards,
Victor
Stef
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Stef
If it is not meant for serious mentalism, i don't see why you would not want to git it a whirl... especially if you print up several versions.
You are there to have fun and assure that the store owner is pleased with you. If your presentation is good, you should have no problems. Anyways, you will probably be doing this effect on a regular basis since the customers are not going to be with you for hours on end.
As for the use of the store's name. Very good! The owner needs to know that you are there to promote his place.

MHO.

Smile
Life is a throw of the die.
Mentally yours.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need Help with 'Psychic Mind Reader ' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL