The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » How to dramatically increase the value your product. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
An often neglected part of many marketed effects are the instruction manuals. They frequently:

• are poorly and hastily written
  • are filled with grammatical errors
  • are hard to understand
  • fail to kindle excitement in the purchaser
  • fail to explain all of the possible effects beyond the one emphasized

Although I've been known simply as Rocketeer here on the Café for almost five years now I'm actually a writer with more than 25 year's experience. I'm offering my expertise to every effect maker who wants to sell a truly exceptional product.

Here's what Rick Roth of Outlaw Effects said about my work for him:

Quote:
Tom's editing and proofing on Outlaw Effects' Homicide instruction booklet definitely made it easier to understand and helped Outlaw turn out a superior product. I'd recommend him for any kind of writing or editing work.

In addition to Outlaw Effects my client list includes Baker & McKenzie, Bristol Myers-Squibb, Dow Jones & Company, KPMG, IDG International, New York Power Authority and other top companies.

And I can write for non-technical readers too. In fact, I’ve written for audiences as diverse as the soccer moms who read Woman’s World, the beach-baked vacationers who read Surf City NJ’s SandPaper and Beachcomber weeklies and the Wall Street movers and shakers who read Barron’s. What’s the common thread in this uncommonly diverse audience? I’m a professional explainer. I can take arcane concepts and complex ideas and translate them into plain English anyone can understand.

If you want to learn more about my experience and qualifications read my bio and take a look at my online portfolio.

After you had a chance at to review my materials get in touch with me. I'd like to talk with you how I can contribute to your continued success.

Rocky (Tom)
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
I don't care what anybody says, the subject line of the post above is:

How to dramatically increase the value of your product.

At least that's what it looked like to me when I proofread the title at four in the morning.

Waves hand like Obi Wan, "These aren't the droids you're looking for. And by the way the the subject line of that post on The Magic Café does say, 'How to dramatically increase the value of your product.'"

Man I'm glad I took that mail-order Jedi mind control course.

BTW, one more typo snuck into the post. It's very minor and very few people would discover it but it's the kind of thing that bugs the heck out of me. I'm a perfectionist. The first person to catch it gets a specially selected no-prize.

Moral of the story: Don't write a post declaring what a great writer you are when you can't sleep at four in the morning. And have a sense of humor about yourself.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I found two:

No apostrophe in "I've" (2nd par under quote)

And I assume you meant to say "I'd like to talk with you *about* how I can contribute to your continued success."

Also, not sure but don't some of the mags you listed have apostrophes? I don't subscribe to any of them, but should it be "Woman's", Barron's", etc?
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
You're pulling my chain right? Only the last of the errors you quote actually exist.

In fact, I’ve written for audiences as diverse...

And I do have apostrophes in Woman's and Barron's

Yikes! I've be trolled!

PM me for info.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » How to dramatically increase the value your product. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL