The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » oops....that mistake just made the trick better (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

the sean
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
79 Posts

Profile of the sean
Hello everyone. I was doing the Card to Pocket the other day and when the spectator looked in their back pocket, like I asked them, and after removing their wallet, to MY surprise, they found nothing. Smile
For the first second I was confused. Then I asked them to open their wallet.
Now I guess somehow the card that was supposed to just be in their pocket had landed in their wallet.

Now for the question -- What is the biggest fluke accident that you have had during a performance that ended up making the effect even stronger? Hope to hear some interesting posts.
Sincerly: Sean
:bikes: Smile Smile
Riceboi
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Riceboi
None really. Good for you though...
John Fitzgerald
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England.
215 Posts

Profile of John Fitzgerald
Hi,

Go to the Nathan Kranzo forum, there was a disscussion there about this kind of thing, you won't believe what happend to Nate.

Take it easy,

John.

P.S. The other day I was sitting there with a genuinely shuffled deck and spread it on the table, I called my friend over and said "Take any card, you will take the seven of spades". I said this with confidence and 100% certainty (as if I knew).
I was going to say three of clubs but I changed my mind at the last second, he didn't know this though.
Anyway, he took the seven of spades, suprise suprise. Smile
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Not a card mishap, but a coin:

A simple vanish into Downs and I dropped (unseen and unheard). I didn't even know what happened, but it sure looked great and I was clean!

Later, I found the coin in my pocket. It had apparently hit the opening like a topit!
halcon
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of halcon
I had a guy who was super skeptical. He insisted on handling the deck while he selected, replaced, and shuffled the deck. To my surprise I caught a glimpse of the card while he returned it. Hehehe! You know the rest. From then on he was a firm believer.

Halcon
the sean
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
79 Posts

Profile of the sean
Wow Halcon. I had the exact same thing happen but it was that I asked someone to think of a number between 1 and 50 and I got it right the first try.
After this, everything I did to this spectator seemed to be real magic.
Anyways, ta ta 4 now.
:bikes: Smile Smile
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Halcon, good for you! Hahaha!

I have guessed (yes, guessed) correctly the chosen card for straight 3 times in a row! I use a little bit fishing, like red or black thing, but I think the luck and fate is the secret.

I was just doing it for fun, and they were totally floored. A magician who caught me doing that asked me how much it is.

Let's keep on sharing!

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Moffmo
View Profile
Regular user
Castleford
143 Posts

Profile of Moffmo
Well, I was messing around with a magician sort of know and I told him to think of a card and I just thought of 2 of hearts so I said is it red? Yes. Is it lower than 5? Yes. It's the two of hearts, no? Holy #4%^, that was good.

Then he said what's the colour of my card, presuming he meant he had thought of a new card and becuase his card was red the first time I guess black. He was like "Wow all those colours in the world and you guess the right one," I'm like (thinking) its a 50/50 chance. Is this guy nuts? I soon realised he said "what's the colour of my car!"

Matt
xicepik
View Profile
Regular user
Montréal
117 Posts

Profile of xicepik
What's the color of my car!! Smile
Wow, that's hilarious, seriously... You're like the best mentalist to him ! Smile
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
I was doing the Invisible Deck and I reversed the wrong card. Before turning it over, I realized that I made a mistake, so, I said, "But you know, I have to be honest with you... I wasn't sure about the card that you were going to think, so I reversed another one" and then reversed the proper card and placed it face down on the table, in order to make some kind of out from the 2 cards.

The spectator immediately said, "Wow, yes, at first, I thought of a card but I changed my mind, the card I thought at the begining was the Ace of Hearts."

OH GOD! JUST THE SAME ONE THAT I REVERSED BY MISTAKE!!!!

So, here I am with an incredible miracle where a card merely thought of was reversed, and my revelation that I wasn't unsure because supposedly I knew before hand that the spectator was going to change their mind : I've found 2 cards that were completely thought of, and one of them without even calling its name!

Obviously, I made the best out of the situation, and I have to confess that it has been one of the greatest performances that I have ever made!
the sean
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
79 Posts

Profile of the sean
Juan D,
I think that is the most surprising one I have heard so far.
Hope to hear some more interesting stories.
See ya,
:Sean Smile Smile Smile
Jonny J
View Profile
New user
North East England
78 Posts

Profile of Jonny J
I wouldn’t say this example actually makes the effect “better”, but have you ever performed something like a “spectator cuts the aces” routine where one of the aces is off by one card?

I recently experienced this with Bill Malone’s “Cut ‘Em High and Tie” from 21st Century Card Magic.

In the final revelation, in case you’re not familiar with it, four spectators have cut four packets of cards to the table. The top card of each packet is simultaneously turned to reveal four aces.

Owing to a bit of a slip-up, the third ace was actually one card down.

On the one hand I’d messed up, and I know how it happened, but it did lead to some interesting (and inaccurate) assumptions about how it might have been achieved.

I couldn’t help thinking that in some way, showing that the method is not altogether infallible, somehow made it seem more remarkable… Maybe this particular example is not good, but I have seen some prediction type effects where this is the case.

Jon.

PS – Apologies if this has strayed slightly off topic, but at 2:20am after a night at the Revolution Vodka Bar, I hope you’ll forgive me! Smile
magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
I always mark one card and write "you will select me" on it and in tricks that the magician can see the selected card, sometimes they select it and it turns into an amazing effect. Smile
chrismatt
View Profile
Special user
Why would you read any of my
978 Posts

Profile of chrismatt
Go to this thread for similar stories: http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......forum=66
Details make perfection, but perfection is no detail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » oops....that mistake just made the trick better (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL