The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Richard Osterlind Hypnosis show , in the DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Hi!
anyone wanna comment the Osterlind`s Hypnosis performance on one of his dvds?
thanks
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Frank A. Glastone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Frank A. Glastone
Which DVD is this on??
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I enjoyed it for a variety of reasons as it was great to see Richard's approach and to see how easily he can present it in conjunction with mentalism. It is not a wild and wacky comedy stage hypnosis show through. I'd call it more of a demonstration of another abaility of the mind - hypnosis.

If you're looking for a complete pre-talk, a full induction followed by six or eight stage show skits and post hypnotic suggestions as in a stage show, this is not necessarily it.

With that said, there is much that can be learned by seeing Richard in action. His delivery and presentation, his volunteer management, and of course his personality which is quite strong and consistent with his mentalism performance.

He is truly a master and a pleasure to watch. I just wantd to give you a full picture based on my thoughts. It remeinded me more of a demonstration than a stage performance. No one is falling out of their chairs, doing anything wild or crazy or even suggestive, but you will find great useful ideas that worked well for both the volunteers and the audience. To me it just seemed to touch on it as I would have liked to see even more. I'm not sure Richard still performs hypnosis regularly (I really don't know) but to me in came across like he wanted to add a bit of hypnosis to show another ability and how it can be so closely presented with mentalism.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
It was absolutely awful. Watching dry paint would be more entertaining.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I haven't seen it but I have to agree with Mindpunisher. Richard Osterlind has a very definite style and I cannot see it being suited to an entertaining hypnotism demonstration. You need more humour and more of an emotional connection with your audience to make hypnosis work.
JohnRaven
View Profile
New user
East Coast, USA
66 Posts

Profile of JohnRaven
Which DVD contains his hypnosis show? I thought I had all of his DVDs.
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
No Camera Tricks Vol 4
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Richard Osterlind Hypnosis show , in the DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL