The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Come Fly With Me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea That what I have been saying for the last 35 years! Smile Lurn your sight of hand FRIST Than ADD GAFFS!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
BOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBBOBOBOBOBOBOBBOBOBOBO then gaffs...........sorry, that was Typet Syndrome acting up Smile
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
***Typet Syndrome***

LMAO, Touche!
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Can anyone tell me , can this be examined ? And living in the uk would people think us dollars to be gaffed/trick coins ? Would anyone recommend a uk sterling gaff instead ?

Like the look and good reviews but £220 ain't that cheap is it

Regards carl
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Quote:
On 2009-07-09 16:43, David Neighbors wrote:
Yea That what I have been saying for the last 35 years! Smile Lurn your sight of hand FRIST Than ADD GAFFS!

I agree we this. In fact, it's not bad to have a beginner gaff to start off. A scotch and soda is pretty easy to handle. But if you're going to really dig into coin magic, I'd definitely agree... learn, then buy gaffs.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2009-12-09 20:19, carlwag wrote:
Can anyone tell me , can this be examined ? And living in the uk would people think us dollars to be gaffed/trick coins ? Would anyone recommend a uk sterling gaff instead ?

Like the look and good reviews but £220 ain't that cheap is it

Regards carl

Carl,
You can pass out one of the coins at the beginning of the routine, but not the others. If you get a chance to see Mark Mason perform this, you will see that he does pass out one, with patter that doesn't lead to questioning of the other coins.
If I lived in the UK and it is available in sterlings, I would probably go that way. But only if a sterling is about the same size as a Morgan silver dollar.

I don't think the half dollar version is nearly as easy to use and effective as the dollar size.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I agree with Sammy. the half dollars are great but much more difficult to use.

Mike Smile
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Just picked up a brand new set of CFWM Morgans on clearance at Stevens Magic for $250! Somehow stumbled across them while looking for that bedspread set my wife wants for Christmas. Unfortunately, Stevens didn't have the bedspread, but it was worth a shot.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Max now that was a great deal and very funny, they didn't have that bedspread for the wife!
Ruldar
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Ruldar
Yeah, she might not appreciate the CFWM as much. I know you'll appreciate them though. I love my set of Morgans. They arrived in great shape and have remained that way. I get asked to show the routine most times that my family or friends get together.
Jim474
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Jim474
I bought the half dollar set and found it difficult to work with. I talked to Mark and he said the problems I was having are the same ones he had when trying the half dollar version. I have ordered a Morgan set from Mark, I only hope it is better to work with. I am new to magic and have several coin tricks that work well. How ever I notice that some people always want to see the coins, some even grab at your hands. How do you deal with that? Of course at this time I am only doing tricks for family and friends. Maybe strangers would be more reluctant to act this way.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-07-14 01:10, Zaprig1 wrote:
BOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBBOBOBOBOBOBOBBOBOBOBO then gaffs...........sorry, that was Typet Syndrome acting up Smile

Bobo for routines' backbones but not for sleights: for the sleights to re-engineer routines offerred in Bobo, go for Michael Runinstein's Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights (it buries Bobo on the topic of sleights)

If you have a chance to watch Mike Gallo doing Presto Chango and can compare it with Bobo's one, Bobo looks like sleight of hand and Mike Gallo's one looks like magic: ... and it's the same move!!!
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
I will agree with Lawrence O, as far as sleights go... the Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights is the way to go. It's incredibly detailed. I love mine. I didn't think it was going to be a very good investment after owning Ben Salinas' Modern Coin Magic (DVD of Bobo's book), but I was completely wrong. They are both equally great resources.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Come Fly With Me (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL