The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Card jam in NY, Philly, Baltimore (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey guys,

Jason England, card man extraordinaire, James Harrison, and myself will be in NY today until Tuesday, then we will be at Marc Desouza's (for a lecture) and then Denny and Lee's (July 2nd for a lecture).

If you are around and want to jam, play with some card stuff, and maybe see a museum, let me know!

Ben
p.s.
Don't forget- to see Jason at his best come out to his lectures!
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Ben,
Is Jason England lecturing? If so, where in NY will this take place? Thanks.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Jason will NOT be lecturing in NY, we're simply visiting. He will be lecturing in Baltimore and Philly.

Ben

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Heads up- we'll be in Philly in 2 days!

pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Will be seeing you in Baltimore. Have met Jason several times, but looking forward to meeting you for the first time Ben.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Pepka,

me too my friend! I'm looking forward to it very much!

Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Benzi...
When are you getting in? Let me know, please...
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Steve,

Around 3.

Ben(zi)

Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Well, aside from the 4.5 hours we spent at the lecture, and the breakfast cheesesteak the next morning...Jason, Ben and James' trip to Philly was largely uneventful.

Jason will fool you through his approach...while he's largely known for his superb mechanic's work, he delights in using the knowledge that you know of his reputation to pull off some largely sleight-free work. The beauty of it is that you keep saying to yourself, "I didn't see him do anything," when in fact, he really DIDN'T do anything. Of course, he does much more later on.

The lecture wasn't so much a lecture as it was a conversation, and a dialogue. Although by midnight, when he started getting into the bottom deal and McMillan switch, the audience was either too shellshocked or tired to respond when he asked, "Any questions?"

I did see one thing I've never seen before at any lecture. A teenage kid had come to see Jason lecture. Well, it got to be after 10pm, and the kid had to leave...obviously a little crestfallen about having to leave so early, and without getting his DVD signed. Jason stopped what he was doing...ran after the kid...and signed the DVD and thanked him for coming. Well played, sir. Well played.

Meanwhile, Ben...I expect a full report on the squealing pig.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Just back from the lecture at Denny's. I had to scoot a little early due to working the "real" job. Jason is truly one of the greats. As evidenced by not only his incredible skill, but his gentleman like demeanor. Everytime I've met him, nothing is off limits. He'll discuss anything, and show you anything. Of special interest to me was a devious stacking demonstration, which I'm reading as I type this. I really hope that I'll leave people the same way I felt. Like someone kicked me right in the head.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Jason showed much class by giving the teenage fan the attention many of us would reserve for Dai Vernon or other star. I hope this kid shines and tells this story at his lectures.
Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Card jam in NY, Philly, Baltimore (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL