The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » For those who don't already know... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I have been fortunate enough to have a few of my effects(3 to be exact) available as downloads on http://www.theory11.com, home to magic greats like Lee Asher, Chris Kenner, Homer Liwag, Daniel Madison, Daniel Garcia, Jonathan Bayme and many many more.

If you haven't already, check out:

http://www.theory11.com/1on1/#artist:15/......video:94

The items available for download include:

El Cambio Nada: a terrific color change that takes place at chest level, rather than waist level. The greatest thing about this color change is that at no point is the entire card ever obstructed from view.

Ishkabibble Sandwich: An effect David Blaine enjoyed. Probably one of the most visual sandwich routines possible using sleight of hand that's just as fun to perform as it is to say.

Elevator Cut: A very elegant flourish cut, loosely based on the Karrell Fox Butterfly cut.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
nachotuoni
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
59 Posts

Profile of nachotuoni
Congratulations Eric. I love your work, I've been practicing the Elevator Cut and works great. El Cambio Nada is amazing, keep on working, as I keep enjoying your stuff. Thanks man, and great work.
Que viva la magia!!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Looks great. Keep up the good work...
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I already had the opportunity to express what I think about Eric Jones' work. It's simply of the highest quality. Whether we learns his coin routines, sponge ball routines, card routines, what we must learn is not so much the mechanics of the moves which is generally fairly easy, it's more the touch that Eric places in his effects.

Let's consider Cambio Nada. What counts is the way Eric flashes his hand to be empty before and after: it is done along the way as he displays the card. It seems to say "look at this card" but it also means "I don't have anything else in my hand" as it builds up tension. Then the change happens and, as golfers do, Eric goes a long way (which seems short enough) to have a great 'follow through': his gaze and hands express "it's the same card" and, along the way, gracefully remind us that he had and still has nothing else in his hands.

What makes his magic different from other magicians is not the choice of technique, it's his unique use of flourishes: these are not used to aim at expressing "look how skillful I am". These are aiming at serving the illusion: "look! Beyond the shadow of a doubt, it's the card's face that changed! There is nothing else to be seen"

This concern for the audience's perception rather than the magician's self is highlighted by his carefully designed grace which doesn't look like mannerism. Eric's grace conveys directness and focus on the effect rather than the usual conceit. We should all learn from Eric for he is one of the very rare ones blessed with "The Vernon Touch"
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
Indeed, Eric is the the Tiger Woods of our art. To think of how much better he'll be twenty years from now gives me chills.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » For those who don't already know... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL