The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Paper Clipped by Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Just to set the record straight: The switch belongs to Alexander DeCova from Germany who originally performed it with a clothes pin. I wish I had a ten pound note for everytime I have told people this over the years.

Best

John
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Hey John,

I too have been telling people about DeCova creating this for quite some time.

I lectured in Munich a few years ago and learned about the real history of "Paperclipped" from some local magicians.

Hopefully between us, we can put the record straight!

Speak soon mate.

Iain.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I've always thought that Allan Hayden's Mighty Silver Bulldog is superior. I've seen Allan use it professionally and it's great. It can be used exactly the same way as Paper Clipped, but it's even cleaner in appearance (when the card is removed from the bulldog clip, the clip is seen to be empty).
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Someone else invented Paperclipped?
When I first saw it, I thought it was pure genius and that Sankey was the originator. Seriously, a letdown. At the very least, his theatrical context of the performance being a mathematical trick is a powerful addition, I guess, not knowing how deCova handled his -- because the Sankey s****h come on an offbeat, completely hidden in plain view -- in the midst of asking a question about "mathematical probability."
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Does Sankey even give credit? I've never watched the Paperclipped credits
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
It's good - very good. Worth the money for the very detailed explanation on the Mercury Fold alone.
Buy it!
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I've heard a bit about this controversy but, honestly, I don't know the facts so I give Jay the benefit of the doubt.

Paperclipped: Special Edition is a great dvd full of awesome applications. This has been a go-to effect for years. I really love it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Saw Sankey's lecture in Cleveland last Friday. Great lecture and what a NICE guy. I recommend Front Row Sankey. It's great, explains paper clipped, and is I think the only dvd showing him performing live.
Lakewood, Ohio
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Paper Clipped by Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL