The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Circus Movie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BostonBlackie
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
111 Posts

Profile of BostonBlackie
Watching Cecil B. De Mille's "The Greatest Show on Earth," right now on Turner Classic Movies.
It wasn't the brightest thing I've ever done in my life. Sadly though, it was far from the dumbest.
-- Zachary Nixon Johnson
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
EDIT: Posted very funny and stupid comments while under the influence.

(are we on twitter right now?)

Quote:
On 2009-06-29 22:11, BostonBlackie wrote:
Watching Cecil B. De Mille's "The Greatest Show on Earth," right now on Turner Classic Movies.
BostonBlackie
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
111 Posts

Profile of BostonBlackie
I just thought I'd let everyone know a great circus movie was on.
I am sorry if you were offended by that, reese.
It wasn't the brightest thing I've ever done in my life. Sadly though, it was far from the dumbest.
-- Zachary Nixon Johnson
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Classic!...One of my Favorite movies!!...If I was not driving today (556 mi.) I would have tuned in...The Big question..."Holly or Angel??"...I always choose Angel...Holly was a !@#$%!!....
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Watched it for the first time last night...
It was much much better than I anticipated.
Thanks for the heads up!
Gwyd
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Yes it is a Beautiful Production. Although I hear that DeMille was rather Belligerent and difficult to work for Smile
Hey Boston, Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share my latest contribution to the "Circus movies" industry. Having 2 roles (Fire eater & Knife thrower) in an short Independent Film that had its recent Premier at the Colony Theatre on Miami Beach. Themed in the 1940's as well.
http://www.geocities.com/gr8tcindini/circus.htm

It was a lot of Fun creating the Film! and NO tyrants as part of it either :clownball:
Regards,
Cindi
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Hey the ClownBall animation thingy did'nt work Smile
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
As you get older Holly or Angel look good !

Hell at my age even the elephants !!!

Great Movie as was Trapeze.

Ken.
BostonBlackie
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
111 Posts

Profile of BostonBlackie
Curator, I'd go for Angel every time. The red hair.
A couple years ago I got to meet one of the acts in the movie, Alberto Zoppe.
I worked with his son at Navy Pier. Giovanni still runs their small family circus.
They were really wonderful people. Next time you see the movie look for their hilarious horse riding act.

http://www.zoppe.net/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_2ebr6s50k
-- Zachary Nixon Johnson
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Again I must agree. One of the Zoppe Family was my Jousting Mentor. They are a hard working and talented group of performers to say the least.
Zoppe is on the left in photo on this page:
http://www.geocities.com/gr8tcindini/ajaPress.htm
and his MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/jameszoppe

Cindi
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

I knew Alberto and know Giovanni....My friend Gary Thomas's Dad and Mom worked on the movie, His Mom showed Gloria Grahme (Angel) how to Ride Elephants and also Doubled for her....Harry Thomas, was the Ringmaster on RBBB that year, However they had a actor play the roll of Ringmaster cause Harry being from Broadcasting and Radio belonged to the Union and Cecil B. Demille wouldnt pay him Union scale, So, He appears in the GSOE but is never heard...Plus Arky Scott had the Elephants on RBBB and Brad even has Arky take over after he fires Klaus...Piccolo appears in the Riding Act and later in his carreer was a Bull-man on RBBB ...Great Movie!...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

oddityprodigy
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of oddityprodigy
Greatest Show on Earth is great, but what do you think about JUMBO the musical about the circus?
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

I liked "Jumbo"...I was born in '61 and it came out in '62 so I saw it many years later after the Fact...I knew a bunch of acts that worked on it tho, Billy Barton who was known as "Mr. Sensation" (Cloud swing) and was the performance director on Jordan World Circus when I worked the Eastern tour...Ron Henon (juggler) who now has Independent Rides on the Left coast...Ect.......Jumbo was originally a Stage production first....
Evel Knievel

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Circus Movie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL