The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Shadow Box material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimbomona
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of jimbomona
I'm wondering what to use for the sides? Plastic table cloth material, white fabric, canvas, etc. ANYONE have any ideas?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I used white fabric on mine. It has been a long time since I have had it, but I think it was just cheap cotton broadcloth or similar. The front was covered with butcher paper.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Get some rear projection screen material for your shadow box.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
White butcher paper.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
For a while.. I had mine covered in White Broadcloth.. but eventually I switched the whole thing to white spandex..

Both are good.. but I wanted the extra FLEX of the spandex..

Honestly.. I never did use it much.. and if I still owned it. I'd probably change it back to broadcloth. It's cheap.. it's pretty.. and it makes great shadows.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Fabric Roller blinds!

Not only can you have them shoot up at the end to show the audience there really was nothing to the cabinet but it also makes it great for travelling and keeps the material clean and protected when rolled up. Also allows you to break down the illusion much smaller.

As for material, you can have roller blinds custom made with different fabrics, get one that's durable, opaque yet allows the light to emit good shadows. Most Blind manufacturers will have samples that you can test out.

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
jimbomona
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of jimbomona
Thanks Peter! I'm waay over thinking but do you think having rollershades tips the method?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Shadow Box material (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL