The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 2 copper / 1 silver gaffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
I don't have the 2 copper / 1 silver set but am considering getting the Johnson set. Can anyone tell me, is the [ expanded or nonexpanded? I am asking because I wonder if the c/s coin is regular size or shaved down. I'm hoping expanded [ and regular c/s. Also, does this come with extra coins that can be shown clean at the end of the routine?
Kelvin
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
The set from johnson's products is a special set that the [ coin is made special for the gaff.
You cannot use it with a different c/s coin.

It is very deceptive and well made. I have been using mine to entertain for well over 18yrs.
Mobius
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
Thanks for the reply, Mobius. Knowing that, are there other routines that one can do with this set other than the one given with the set?
Kelvin
snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
You can do some sick color changes and spellbounds.
**--snap--**
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea There are lots of outher stuff you can do with the set! MY Sandy routine that Bill Malone did on his tape. ( An International 3 coins across) I also had a no table stand up handing! A International backfire coins trou the table. 4 or 5 international matrix routines. A Portable hole routine. And A purse frame change routine! I also had a change routine where thay all vanish at the end. and one where all THREE coins change to chinese coins at the end!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I always look for a chance to say that Dave Neighbors SANDY routine (seen on the Bill Malone DVD) is pretty much the best, most practical c/s/b routine I have ever seen. David has a lot of routines and he may not like my saying this is the best. Of course I have not seen all performed. I went so far order his lecture notes but I did not really like his standup version as much, maybe I have not seen it done properly. When I saw this on the Malone tape I was fooled, I had an idea but basically I was fooled. This does not happen much after you have seen a lot of coin tricks. DO THIS TRICK. By the way, the Johnson is non-expanded
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I will go out on another limb. I loved this routine so much that I ordered a "solid CSB" set from Todd Lassen honestly, to have a trophy product to perform my favorite routine. I waited a long while (Todd is a busy solo practitioner as we all know) and when I received it did not like the infinity edge production technique. In SANDY you spend most of your time looking a the gaff copper side up. With the Lassen construction there is a ring of Silver that extends to to the edge of the copper face which I find distracting (on the plus side, there is no c/s interface visible on the side of the coin) Todd graciously agreed to take the product back or exchange for something else (got the wicked sun/moon set) and I am back to using the Johnson product.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hi Xcath1,
Hay That's ok man!What you like or don't like is realy vary personal! Smile
so ok say Say I got to 2 towns to Lecture And I show 2 coin routines. In town no.1 thay say " Yea Trick No.1 was Killer And trick no. 2 was just ok!" but in town no.2 thay say " yea trick no.2 was killer, but trick no.1 was just ok!"
So it's just what you like! There is no right or wrong! Smile
And if I ever get to see you I wil show you the stand-up handleing!
but that's great that you are useing the tabled handleing!
Ok thanks so much man!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
So...the Sandy routine works with the c/s/b set AND the 2 copper, 1 silver sets?
Kelvin
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

No it has to be a " solid C.S.B." That is the brass coin does NOT Have a hole trou it!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
David,
What about the 2 copper, 1 silver set? Sandy was first referenced by you in response to my comment on other routines for that set.
Kelvin
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
The 2 copper one silver is functionally the same as solid CSB
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Yea A 2 copper one silver will work fine for sandy! I used it that way for years. As had been said a solid C.S.B. set Is just the same! Just one of the 3 coins is brass! The only thing I did not like about a 2/c-1/s set was that the 2 copper coins looked too much a like. That fine if you are just doing the change routine.
But if you want 3 coins to jump across from one hand to the outher it's nice if all THREE coins are A Diff. color! So both will work. The Solid c.s.b. set just looks nicer!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Agree with David above, the difference is the color of the third coin which would be nice in brass but as noted you would need this made by one of the premium guys.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Yea And when you get into useing Four coins (Say in a Marrix Routine! Smile) It's
Vary nice to have each coin a difference color! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 2 copper / 1 silver gaffs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL