The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best impromptu video? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
How is Tom Mullica´s Expert Impromptu Magic Trilogies. how difficult are the effects?

:bat:
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Maybe this topic got moved earlier... but isn’t this the area for impromptu discussion ? Smile

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
koan
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
63 Posts

Profile of koan
Could you name some of the effects on Tom Mullicas Videos. I've never heard of them but I'm interested. Please give us a taste if you don't mind.

Thanks,
koan
if a dove appears in the woods and no one is around to see it... is it magic?
juan
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
178 Posts

Profile of juan
On the spot (the best)
Tom Mullica´s Expert Impromptu Magic
bizarrewreck
View Profile
New user
Fort Collins, CO
51 Posts

Profile of bizarrewreck
On The Spot gets my vote! One of my first videos purchased and I'm still watching it over and over again to refresh on tricks I'd forgotten about.
cardfreax
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
181 Posts

Profile of cardfreax
Tom Mullica's Expert Impromptu Magic
Larry Anderson's Jaw Droppers

Can anyone tell me more about these two videos? Larry Anderson's one doesn't look convincing to me (no offence). The cover looks more like for small kids. I might be wrong, though...

Any opinions??
Thanks
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
I just ordered On the Spot today from Magicfact with my awesome discount from his newsletter. Smile

I'll let you know what I think of it after I watched it a million and a half times.
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
In “On the Spot”, stuff like the “All Around Vanish” and “Recap Revisited” are explained and the coin to watch is simply shown, so how much is there left to see on “Off The Cuff?”
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
To answer cardfreax,

The Mullica videos are really good, but a lot of the material is basic. I use some of the material (the beans in the sinuses etc.), but a lot of it is impractical for me.

“Jaw Droppers”... well. I considered this a poor investment. The material is basic, and given new names so that Larry could consider these his own (my opinion.) He also goes on and on about the history of coins, which makes every explanation about 20 minutes long. Of all the videos, I only picked up one or two good tricks. I would say pass on this one. I have yet to see “On the Spot”, but it seems to be a crowd favorite, so I'm sure I'll pick it up soon.

Hope this Helps.

Pete
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Shanester, actually, “Off the Cuff” came first, and Wilson goes into more details on the all around vanish there. Except for Recap, the material is not the same on the tapes. “Off the Cuff” has some rubber band magic, a ring on spoon trick, some coin magic of course and more... So get “Off the Cuff”too, you won’t get "doubles."

Håkan

Smile
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Hawkan,
Thanks for sorting that out for me. I loved “On the Spot” and so it sounds as if “Off the Cuff” will be my next investment.
Cheers
Shanester

Did I mention that the lack of card stuff on “On the Spot” is one of my favourite things about this 2 tape set. Anyone else agree that there's two much card stuff that comes as baggage?
illusionfreak
View Profile
New user
Michigan
18 Posts

Profile of illusionfreak
I've got to say for close-up stuff at a moment’s notice, a paperclip puncture based on Andrew Mayne's pen through cheek and CMH work well for me. I always have some cards so 2 card Monte and ambitious card work well also. If I've got scotch and soda in my pocket, which almost always I do… I do a variation on that.
JeffWampler
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, TN
191 Posts

Profile of JeffWampler
Dan Harlan has some impromptu videos out that are absolutely awesome.

Harlan also has some bar magic videos on the market. They have a lot of bar-betcha's type of things, but a lot of magic as well. The stuff doesn't necessarily HAVE to be done in a bar, but for strict, hardcore, impromptu magic, I suggest Harlan. He gives some really entertaining presentations too. The videos are really fun to watch as well as to learn from.
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Which Dan Harlan video is your favourite?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I would go with Dan Harlan's 3 volume video set too.
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
I'll look them up.
Do they do an all-in-one DVD?
Dave Schutt
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Dave Schutt
I'd go with "On the Spot" DVD version. It's definitely worth the extra few bucks to have instant access to what you want.
Dave Schutt
Charlotte, NC
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
“On the Spot” has coin effects on it. Surely all coin magic is impromptu?
Rkull
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Rkull
Many of impromptu effects are strong only because they are impromptu. It isn't the case for Greg Wilson's On The Spot: at a moment's notice or in more formal situation, effects are very strong! and maybe require more practice than average impromptu effects... but it's worth the pain!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best impromptu video? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL