The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best card effect I've ever seen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Hi everybody!

I just must tell You what I've seen today. Maybe somebody knows the name of this trick or knows where could I find it.
(By the way, there are only 2 people in my country, who know it. One of them is Master Salvano's student, and his student).

It's the exact course of that trick:

First of all I had to take out cards from the box. Then put away two jokers. Shuffle the deck. (He was in other city so he couldn't have seen anything).

He told me to split the deck into two piles and put them on the table pictures facing up and choose one of the cards laying on the top of piles.

I choose the 3 of clubs laying on the left pile.

Then he told me to take the exact (X) number of cards from the right pile and put it on the top of left pile (the chosen one).
[ X is the number of Your chosen card - in turn: Ace - 1; 2-2; 3-3... 10-10; Jack-11; Queen-12; King-13]

He told me to describe him what are the first five cards from chosen pile and asked if my card was there. I confirmed it.
They were 2 of spades, queen of hearts, 8 of clubs, 3 of clubs and king of spades.

After this actions he told me that my card is 3 of clubs.

Please help me! Smile
Radek Makar
UK Close-up and cabaret magician based in Scotland - www.radekmakar.co.uk
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Did you really shuffle the cards? And was it his deck?
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
There's no reason why you can't work this out from your own description. Enjoy the mystery!
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
You have a PM.

As Curtis writes, you should be able to work out the method yourself.

I suspect that there are more than two people in your country who know it.
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Ouch,

I just came back home after a little walk. I tried to cool down after a party - I got a letter from university that I'm admitted Smile
I wanted to tell You that my post looks like written by a novice... the secret came to my mind during that walk. How could I overlooked it???
Sorry for unnecessary excitement.

And of course thank You S2000magician and Curtis for Your replies Smile
You know, there are many legends in Poland Smile some of them just make the mistery bigger and keep us from finding the secrets Smile strange, hmm...?

however, thanks one more time!

Radek
milesg
View Profile
Regular user
(of experimental medications)
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
I just wonder what would have happened if the card's value was greater than 5. Would he have asked you to name the next 5 cards if the selection wasn't in the first set?

curious.
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Quote:
On 2009-07-07 20:13, Radmak wrote:
Sorry for unnecessary excitement.

Never apologize for this sort of thing. You've been astonished by a trick. Consider it a gift to have a reminder of what we want our audiences to feel.

You might want to sit down and figure out the strong points of the trick, rather than dwell on the weakness (ie: the method). Finding out those details usually offers great insight into how to make other tricks play stronger.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Milesg:
Probably yes... I think that it is the other way of misdirecting Your mind Smile if it was the 9 for example and he asks you to count another 5 cards (after the first 5 set), not ten or 15 cards. This is why you probably don't draw your attention to relationship between some numbers which is very visible when your card is in the first 5 cards set... Smile

Andrew Musgrave:
You're so right! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best card effect I've ever seen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL