The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Folding Frog (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Phear
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Paul Phear
My first Café topic!

Was interested too see many people recommend Michael Close's Origami frog effect as a closer in a seperate thread. Can someone tell me what is the magic in this trick? I know you shape a frog from a card, but am unsure of the rest of the effect.

thanks!

paul
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Hard to describe effectively in words, but basically a cursed card (Jack of Hearts, the oragami frog) finds a selected card. This lifts the curse causing the Jack and the selected card to change places (Jack is now in perfect condition, selected card becomes oragami frog). That doesn't even begin to explain the humor, magic, and entertainment value of this piece. One of my favorites.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
I got this on the Workers video the other day. It's excellent. It's worth the money just for the instruction on misdirection.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Very good point, Beetroot... The Workers series, video or books are GREAT! They have great effects and insight on the workings of the effects.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
BTW, it's called "The Frog Prince." Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
JuRim
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of JuRim
The Frog Prince is a gem, I only perform it for special persons and at special occasions.
One of Mike Close´s coolest ideas. Smile Smile
I asked if she like cardtricks. she said:No! I did four...
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
ribbet ribbet,
its killer diller man.
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
Paul Phear
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Paul Phear
Thanks for all the above, looks like the magic credit card will be used again today.

Cheers

paul (in London, very hot 29c!)
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
I love the Frog Prince because, as with the best of card effects (in my opinion), it provides the spectator with a VERY unique gift...they're freely selected card now magically transformed into a cute lil' hopping frog!

My wife loves it...but, she loves all things froggie...

E
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Folding Frog (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL