The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dean Dill's The Revelation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Deans an AMAZING man. He truly cares for people. That being said, He never fails to impress me with his MAGIC!! I own his dean box and I am now a proud owner of his Revelation. Any performer or hobbyist who wants to add something very amazing to their act this is it. The price is very fare when you see how much work has gone into everything.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
I love this whole routine. The effect is magic, pure and simple. It's very rare when an effect is put out to the magic community where all the details have been so completely worked out.
I waited to get mine. I watched the online performances, and thought they where totally clean. I read all the posts, several times, and finally decided this effect seemed worth getting. I was very impressed with everything received when it arrived.
My show is full of some pretty goofy stuff. Comedic magic performance full of fairly technical sleights and visual punches make for an entertaining fun time, however... it is nice to do something that does not seem like a trick, but just plain is impossible. That is what "The Revelation" is, impossible!
This evening I performed a parlor show at a private residence for 20 people. The guest of honor was celebrating 60 years. Everyone enjoyed a good laugh, and was amazed with the material, then I closed with "The Revelation". Performed it surrounded, totally killed. Audience loved it, and was floored.
All I can say is thanks Dean! You are a generous soul to share this.
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I watched Dean performing the Revelation over and over again today at the Magic Castle Swap meet. This is one of the most jaded audiences you will find anywhere but everyone was captivated. One performance in particular stands out in my mind - right after Dean says to look inside the envelope, the spectator says "that's it, is it over?" She could not believe that anything could have happend up to this point. All she did was draw the card and Dean aparently did nothing! What a wonderful moment. Dean now hands the entire envelope to the spectators and has them empty it into their own hands. Dean spent 10 years perfecting this routine. it's perfect.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Hi could any one please tell me how dean is progressing,i hope he is on the road to a full recovery,Dean is a Gentleman and one of the greatest contributers to the magic world we all love; I wish dean and his family all the very best.

Graham.....
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Hey Graham, he looked great at the magic castle and he said he is feeling much better, and your one hundreds percent right! Dean goes beyond what any magic dealer would EVER do. He is GREAT person and one of the best creators. I remember buying blizzard when I was a kid and now I own his dean Box and his revelation! amazing stuff
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Hi Gramhm. Dean is out of pain and he is at his creative and productive best. He does have a follow up surgery in a couple of months followed by more chemo but his prognosis is very good. Let's all keep Dean in our prayers. FYI he will be at the IBM convention in San Diego.

www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Hi Gramhm. Dean is out of pain and he is at his creative and productive best. He does have a follow up surgery in a couple of months followed by more chemo but his prognosis is very good. Let's all keep Dean in our prayers. FYI he will be at the IBM convention in San Diego.

www.RichHurleyMagic.com
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Hi Justin and Mediocre the Great.. I am very glad to hear dean is doing well.Dean is one of those special people that comes around once in a life time. All of us who love magic can only gain from the knowledge and creativity and that personal touch that dean gives to us and is a priviledge to know the name of Dean Dill.

Many Thanks

Graham.....
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
Steve,
While your demonstration of this wonderful effect may be 'generic' in nature, it certainly shows the slow and steady progression that sets up a spectator for a knock between the eyes. I like the way your whole routine was relaxed, even 'the moment.' I got tense FOR you, and watching how effortlessly you brought this effect to a close is helping my own performance. Dean has been more than kind in getting me set up to perform this effect. I just wanted to thank him publicly and to thank you as well for showing the doubtful that this effect really is what Dean says it is! Guys, don't miss this one because you are being overly cautious. There is nothing hidden here, there are no secret handshakes - just another Dean Dill miracle!

Mark
Steve Travis
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Steve Travis
That was awful nice of you to say Mark and I want to thank you for those kind words you have spoken about me and my performance. The performance was generic in nature but let me say I stray very little from how it is seen in the video but spend more time having fun with the spectators,show more pictures drawn from previous spectators with stories being told as I show them the pictures so they completely lose sight of what I'm REALLY doing. Going down that road for me completely disarms EVERYONE around when I'm performing this which makes it even that much more incredible and hard to believe when we get to the REVELATION. They will tell everyone I didn't do anything because they were watching me closely. LOL.

Having a blast with this effect : )
JOurneyjoe
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of JOurneyjoe
Has anyone ever asked to handle or look at the Black Binder?
What do you do in this case?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2013-02-05 10:31, JOurneyjoe wrote:
Has anyone ever asked to handle or look at the Black Binder?
What do you do in this case?

There's no reason for that to happen.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
dbriegs
View Profile
New user
NJ
61 Posts

Profile of dbriegs
I concur with Steven. I've performed it many times and it's never happened, and can't imagine that it would.
huangja
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of huangja
Where can I get this?
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
If anybody has it then I would guess Hocus-Pocus. I believe that they were the ones handling a lot of the items from Dean's estate. Man I miss Dean Dill. One of my all-time favorites!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dean Dill's The Revelation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL