The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Eric Jones Lecture St. Louis Mo., Aug 12th (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blake Douglass
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Blake Douglass
Hey all,
The date is quickly approaching, so I decided to make this post. The smooth and cunning Eric Jones will be lecturing August 12th at 7:00 p.m. in St.louis Missouri. The lecture will be held at Crestwood Plaza in the Abra-Kid-Abra art space (store 126). Space is limited to 50 people, so if you would like to reserve a spot please contact me (see below). The lecture will be $20.00 to attend, and will be divided into two halves with a break in the middle. Drinks and snacks will be provided. Those of you that know Eric know that his lectures are not to be missed, and those who don't know him, well this is your opportunity to witness one of the true rising stars in magic. Also if you are planning on attending the Midwest Magic Jubilee (mmjubilee.com) you will notice that this lecture is the night before. So come stay an extra night and witness the close-up magic of Eric Jones.

Contact info for reserving spot

Cell: 314 452 5383
Email: ellusionman123@yahoo.com
or send me a pm here on the Café.
Blake Douglass
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Here's what people are saying about the past weekends lecture taken from http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=31&31 :

MaxfieldsMagic
Loyal user
Leesburg, VA
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 1:29am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got back from the Chesapeake lecture, which, as expected, was terrific. Eric fried everyone with his various coin and card effects, and his handling of a Henry Evans rising card effect (which is a bombproof, visual effect that happens in the spectator's hands). Pretty much every effect could be described as a highlight, and most seem to be within the reach of any dedicated magii who is willing to practice (the Ishkabible Sandwich and Elevator Cut will require some serious practice, and the latter will be more difficult for people with small hands or short thumbs).

The thing I love about Jones' magic and routining is his ability to strip away any awkward moves or unnecessarily complicated sleights, leaving spectators with powerful, visual, highly magical effects that are easy to follow, and therefore to appreciate. Eric seems to share Vernon's view that the effect is everything, and that the method should be as simple as possible, but no simpler. His presentations convey a sense of fun and humor - there were several funny bits and gags that had everyone taking notes.

I especially wanted to see his demonstration and handling tips for Fire Coins Relit and the Oxyclean routine. Not disappointed there in the least - Eric went into extreme detail on the handlings, covering key moves multiple times at different speeds and angles. He also covered different versions of a highly visual coins across, including one where the coins transport between the hand of the magician and the spectator, without the magician touching or coming near the spectator during a key vanish in the spectator's hand (this requires some intestinal fortitude). There were other coin routines and sleights, a great swirl production of four kings, a great spinning production of a single card from the deck, etc.

At all times, Eric made sure that everyone at the lecture "got it," and wouldn't move on until all questions were answered. He is definitely a gentleman in the classic sense, and possesses an undefinable poise and charisma in performance that greatly enhance the entertainment value of his magic. In addition, he took a personal interest in everyone attending the lecture, and made a point of shaking hands and speaking with everyone.

Even if you've read Eric's lecture notes already, watched his videos and read the write-ups in Antinomy Magazine, you'll come away from this lecture with a much deeper appreciation and understanding of his work and the thinking behind it.

Tomorrow's the workshop, which will be a hands-on lesson in executing many of the ideas and sleights covered in the lecture, plus a new "Twisting" effect he will market soon. Two demos this evening of the new twisting effect, with two different uses and handlings, pretty much left everyone amazed and shaking their heads. As with Eric's coin magic, the twisting effect removes sleights and covers that made some previous versions look fishy.

So don't miss this lecture, if you have the opportunity to go.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
SPECIAL OFFER!!!!

As a special bonus for signing up and attending my "It's Not As Hard As It Looks" Workshop on August 12th in St. Louis, MO, I'm offering a unique look into my creative process by GIVING AWAY a trick that is sure to be an instant classic in the world of packet tricks. The effect is called Twizted. I know you've never heard of it, but that's only because it's fresh. It's a hyper-visual version of Twisting/Waving The Aces by Dai Vernon/Guy Hollingworth that has to be seen live to believe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOqA9zOCK5Q

I'm considering marketing this product in the near future, but to generate some buzz about the effect, I'm going to be giving Twizted away to ALL attendees of this workshop. THAT'S RIGHT, EVERY person who attends my workshop will recieve a copy of Twizted. I implore you to sign up today before the workshop fills up. I'm going to cover all the ins and outs of this routine, variations of the routine, and other routines you can use the hand made, specially prepared card for. Not only that, the workshop will feature some killer coin and card magic that you can implement into your own routines.

So what are you waiting for? Sign up for The "It's Not As Hard As It Looks" Workshop today. You'll be glad you did. Contact Blake Douglass for more information:

Cell: 314 452 5383
Email: ellusionman123@yahoo.com
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
When I think of Eric Jones, I can't help but think about all of the great magicians emerging in this generation, and how much of an advantage they have through this age of information. Whereas before when creating an effect you were limited to what you had personally read or what your small circle of magician friends knew, now you have a much broader sense of what it out there, and can create the best routines possible by using every invention of magic available.

What I see is that Eric takes routines which are already monsters, and uses both his excellent technical eye as well as a solid presentation script to really polish and refine his effects to make them practical and as advanced in magic "technology" as they can be.

It is extremely difficult to find a more efficient sleight or method to achieve the effects he has published, owing to his ability to look at a routine and figure out how to simplify and streamline it.

I'll definitely be attending the St. Louis lecture on August 12th(coming in early, planning on going to the Jubilee next day), should be something you don't want to miss!

-daegs
Blake Douglass
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

The lecture is quickly approaching. Spots are filling up quickly. If you would like to reserve a spot or need more information about the lecture of location, feel free to contact me. See above for my contact info.
Blake Douglass
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Hey guys here is some more info on Eric's workshop. The workshop will begin at 3:30, at the same location that the lecture is taking place. http://www.crestwoodcourt.com. Attached is the workshop flyer telling what all will take place. Eric mentioned this above, but I will say it again. Everyone who attends the workshop will receive a free set of the gimmick needed to achieve Eric' awesome effect "Twizted." The workshop will cost $25.00 per person, and will include food and drinks. Spots are filling quickly please contact me immediately if you wish to attend either or both events.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOqA9zOCK5Q

The "It's Not As Hard As It Looks" Workshop

Eric Jones will be providing a sleight-intensive training session covering some of his pet effects and techniques for coin and card conjuring with ranging difficulty. These effects are directly out of his working repertoire and will provide hands on training to all who attend.

Some of the items in the workshop will include:
• SpeedFly: A Visual Coins Across routine (3 Fly) that uses only 3 coins. NO gimmicks, gaffs or extra coins. Features Eric's Impromptu Rattle Gimmick, a utility sleight that you will be able to immediately implement in your own routines.
• Out With Three: A quirky 3 coin production that you'll have to see to believe.
• KKK (Three Klan Vanish): A Vanish of three ungimmicked coins that solves several problems for the serious student of coin magic, based on a Rune Klan effect.
• The Oxy Clean Challenge: A production and vanish sequence that is done under test conditions. The audience is invited to completely SURROUND the seated performer and be amazed as he produces and COMPLETELY vanishes three coins. A thing of beauty.
• El Cambio Nada: A chest level color change of a card that will floor both laymen and magician alike.
• The Art of Using The Shoulder As A Servante: An old ruse brought into the 21st Century with new techniques and applications. Turn your spectator into an impromptu holdout.
And MUCH, MUCH MORE…..

Eric's teaching style will make learning both fun and easy. You'll quickly be using techniques you may have disregarded as too difficult after attending this workshop. No one will be left behind. No questions will go unanswered. At the end of this workshop, you'll know that "It's NOT As Hard As It Looks".

Here’s what others are saying about Eric Jones’ new DVD Mirage Et Trois:
"Eric Jones is one of the best of the "new breed" of coin workers. On
this DVD you will find out why. This sequence of effects is visual,
baffling and most of all magical. Your audiences will love it."
Marc DeSouza

"Eric Jones is a bright and fast rising star in close-up magic as you will see in this new DVD. His magic is intelligent, smooth and packs a big punch!”
Bill Wells
Contact Eric @ http://www.E-mmaculatedeceptions.com
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
What will be covered in the workshop that won't be covered in the lecture? Want to get an idea of how early to drive out.
Blake Douglass
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Hey Josh,
There is a bunch that Eric will be covering in the workshop that will not be gone over in the lecture. For instance, using the spectators shoulder as a servante. Eric has some gorgeous applications of this principle. The three klan vanish, which can be found on Eric's new dvd "Mirage et Trois" will also be covered in detail. The impromptu rattle gimmick, and not to mention Eric's new twisting the aces effect "twizted." Which you will receive for free (the gimmick that is) for attending the workshop. $25.00 is a small price to pay to attend this one of a kind workshop. Please contact me if you intend on going, seeing as space is very limited.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Sign me up. I'll just head out a few hours early.
Blake Douglass
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Cool Cool will do.
Blake Douglass
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Hey guys last chance to get your name on the list for the Eric Jones lecture. You are welcome to show up at the door, and most likely will get in, but it can't hurt to call ahead. My contact info is above, and you can reach me at all hours. This is shaping up to be a great lecture, and the jubilee will be sick with Eric in attendance. I'm picking up Eric tomorrow at 10, and then we will be getting set up for the workshop, and lecture. Both are not to be missed. See you all there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Eric Jones Lecture St. Louis Mo., Aug 12th (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL