The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 23 quadrillion dollars for smokes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
And they say there is no inflation ...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/offbeat......=1185040

A New Hampshire man says he swiped his debit card at a gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes and was charged over 23 quadrillion dollars.

Josh Muszynski checked his account online a few hours later and saw the 17-digit number — a stunning $23,148,855,308,184,500 (twenty-three quadrillion, one hundred forty-eight trillion, eight hundred fifty-five billion, three hundred eight million, one hundred eighty-four thousand, five hundred dollars).
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Don't you hate when that happens?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
That's not inflation; that's part of the new healthcare package. Smokers cause a disproportionate burden on the system, so it's only fair.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I hope he at least got some free matches with that.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Holy smokes! With that money, he could pay off the national debt and the entire WORLDS debt several times over!

Must be AWFUL good smokes for that price!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I would have quit as soon as I saw that, if I smoked!
-Matt
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Quote:
On 2009-07-16 20:42, daffydoug wrote:
Holy smokes! With that money, he could pay off the national debt and the entire WORLDS debt several times over!

He could probably BUY the world for that much money.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Quote:
On 2009-07-16 01:28, balducci wrote:
And they say there is no inflation ...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/offbeat......=1185040

A New Hampshire man says he swiped his debit card at a gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes and was charged over 23 quadrillion dollars.

Josh Muszynski checked his account online a few hours later and saw the 17-digit number — a stunning $23,148,855,308,184,500 (twenty-three quadrillion, one hundred forty-eight trillion, eight hundred fifty-five billion, three hundred eight million, one hundred eighty-four thousand, five hundred dollars).

Plus the $40.00 overdraft fee......
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
One day computers are gonna kill the economy even worse than greedy people can...

turns out it was a programming glitch, the man's total (I believe it was $12.50) in text somehow got converted into hexadecimal, which translated back as the multi-quadrillion figure.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I had a guy charge me $1,298.00 for two sandwiches and he actually said since it went through it was too late and the money was his! Let me just say he cancelled the transaction.
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Well Obama did raise taxes an Americans who smoke. Didn't think he was raising taxes that much but hey.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 23 quadrillion dollars for smokes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL