The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Al Cohen lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
The Society of American Magicians-Larry West Assembly 23 will present a rare lecture by Washington, DC's premier magic demonstrator, magician and local legend, Al Cohen, owner and proprietor of the world-famous Al's Magic Shop. Lecture date: 8:00 p.m., Monday, September 14, 2009 in the Zenger Room at the National Press Club, 529 14th St. NW, 13th floor, Washington, DC. Admission is $20 to non-Assembly 23 members. Space is extremely limited--you may reserve a space by e-mailing alcohenlecture@gmail.com or by calling 202-997-0884.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
WOW!!!!! I really wish I was able to make it.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
eddierush
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of eddierush
Oh, this is a can't miss lecture!! I will certainly be there!!
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
http://magiceddie.wordpress.com
http://friendsofthemagi.org
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
I'm SO sad I won't be able to be there.

Geoff
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
rach18el
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of rach18el
Noland: I am really disappointed that I won't be there. Please tell Al that
Warren Littman's daughter Helen Pettit from Columbia, S. C. says hello and I
really miss his articles in Genii Magazines,

Helen
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Noland:

I'll be there and can't wait. I just hope the room is big enough. I saw Al lecture many years ago at Ring 50 when I was just starting in magic and I used his "disappearing wand" routine for years. Come to think of it, I may dust it off and start using it again. See you there.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
Quote:
On 2009-07-21 00:49, rach18el wrote:
Noland: I am really disappointed that I won't be there. Please tell Al that
Warren Littman's daughter Helen Pettit from Columbia, S. C. says hello and I
really miss his articles in Genii Magazines,

Helen

Helen:

I will certainly pass on your message to Al. By the way everyone, I've had the privilege of seeing an outline of Al's lecture notes. They include a number of classic Al Cohen effects. Al is the recipient of numerous awards nationally for his outstanding contributions as a magic demonstrator. But local magicians also remember him for his wonderful, solid, entertaining commercial magic routines, and a number of these are included in the notes and may be presented at the lecture. Some of my favorites include his repeat disappearing wand routine, his six card repeat and, of course, his hilarious wrist tie. I can't wait to see some of these performed again in Al's inimitable way.

Noland
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
130 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
Al is a wonderful magician and entertainer, as any of us who spent time or grew up in DC can attest. I would attend if I were in town then.
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
Although the date for the Al Cohen lecture is still a few weeks away, available seating is filling up fast! There are only a limited number of seats available for non-Assembly 23 members, so if you are planning to attend, you need to reserve your spot ahead of time by calling 202-997-0884 or e-mailing alcohenlecdture@gamil.com.
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
Correction! That e-mail address for reservations is: alcohenlecture@gmail.com. Sorry for the previous typos!
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
Although the Al Cohen lecture is still 4 weeks away, I understand that over half of available seats have already been reserved. If you are planning to attend, be sure to reserve your seat as soon as possible, or you may be disappointed! Reservations may be made by calling 202-997-0884 or e-mailing alcohenlecture@gmail.com. The lecture is being sponsored by the Society of American Magicians-Larry West Assembly 23, and will be held on Monday, September 14, 2009, 8:00 p.m., in the Zenger Room at the National Press Club, 529 14th St. NW, 13th floor, Washington, DC. Admission is $20 to non-Assembly 23 members.
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
The Al Cohen lecture is just two weeks away (Monday, September 14). If you're planning to attend, be sure to reserve a seat in advance as seating is limited. Reservations may be made by calling 202-997-0884 or e-mailing alcohenlecture@gmail.com.
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
I will be there, wouldn't miss it!

Louis Meyer
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
Al Cohen's lecture at SAM Assembly 23 in Washington, DC is just one week away (Monday, September 14). If you're a Washington area magician, you don't want to miss this one! But be sure to reserve your place now so you won't be disappointed! Reservations may be made by calling 202-997-0884 or e-mailing alcohenlecture@gmail.com.
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
Attention all Greater Washington DC magicians! This is your last chance to sign up for the Al Cohen lecture scheduled for Monday, September 14. See earlier posts for details.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Al Cohen lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL