The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Favorite Monte Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
apple123
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of apple123
Peter Duffie's monte trick which I really like is called Bleached and is sold on Aldo Colombini's site. Probably you can buy it direct from Peter as well.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I still say Michael Skinner's Ultimate 3 Card Monte!!!
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I agree on Ultimate Monte. I use a poetic story that goes along with the routine, and it gets very good responses.

For whatever reason, I want to work on the street, non-gaffed version, and am thinking of getting the L&L 3 disk series. Anyone have that care to give it a review (or is it back there somewhere)?

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I enjoy performing either

Visible Monty
Stand Up Monty

Patrick
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Skinner's Monte comes with instructions; but ya gotta check out Bill Malone's presentation of this effect! The patter is part of the effect and it ups the 'wow' moment a notch for the final stage (ie how are you going to keep track of 3 cards with 2 eyes?)
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
My two favorites are the classic three card monte and colour monte.. Since I'm not able to say that I've to agree with Skinner's ultimate three card monte.
ddeckmann
View Profile
Loyal user
Paraguay
202 Posts

Profile of ddeckmann
The "3 card gold" routine from Whit Haydn and Chef Anton really transports the audience to the streets of London back in the late XIX century. And I perform it in Brazil and Paraguay!

Anybody else doing the standard 3-card-monte with hy**s, bent corners, etc.?

"Poor man's monte" gets my vote too!
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Color Monte. Oops...
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
Skinner's Ultimate 3 Card Monte is ny favorite one. It's great.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
My favorite is Pat Page's presentation for the Kitson Miracle. I perform Sidewalk Shuffle, however.
domf
View Profile
New user
Canada
67 Posts

Profile of domf
I am doing a version where you have to follow the Queen between 2 Jokers. At the end you have a Joker, a Queen and a King. Great reactions from people on this one.

Best
Dom
huangja
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of huangja
U3CM is my fav too. Also used Visible Monte (Gaetan Bloom) and The Last Monte (Harry Anderson). Now I'll check out Monte Monte Plus.
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
Best in my opinion:

Triple Kick Monte (Gordon)
Corner of Piccadilly (Gordon)
Ultimate 3 Card Monte (Skinner)
Gypsey Curse (Kane)

What I like about the first two (aside from fact both are STRONG) is that all can be checked out (at end) by audience.

JP
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1670 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
My current favourite is Monkey Business’ Uncle by JK Hartman (Card Craft, pg 428). After making a few minor handling changes I love this routine. Two of the three monte cards transform at the end of the routine and all three cards can be examined. Very similar to Color Monte, but has a better ending!

Also just got Switchblade by Dan Harlan, which I like a lot. This is a re-invention of an effect called Perfect Monte by Jerry Somerdin (demo here). The items supplied are slighly different. More information about both products can be found here.

Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Favorite Monte Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL