The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Can you perform mentalism for children? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
916 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
I have performed mentalism for children 10 yrs and above ...it works.Spirit effects...done in broad daylight..worked even better(I claimed I could control a ghost to move something and did a PK effect).Did it for the first time on my kids 10th birthday party.
A visual mentalism effect is enjoyed by kids much much more than the non-visual ones.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
(Repeated from another thread)
Forgive the "intrusion". This is among 5 or more threads that have been dredged up (today) from over 5 years ago by the same member.
Why not start a new thread to talk about the subject from a "current perspective" ?
Being so new to the Café and doing the same behavior repeatedly, appears obviously conspicuous. Originality and a fresh look at the topics are more practical than presuming to be an ongoing part of a long faded conversation. Smile
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
IF the user started a new thread then the Café 'boys' would jump on that user for not first using the 'search' function.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
"They" might suggest he use the search engine. A sincere, polite inquiry of the topic to be discussed is always welcomed by the "boys" (or longtime members) of the Café.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2002-03-26 15:13, Ian Rowland wrote:
If you can perform for kids, you can do mentalism for them.

If you can't perform for kids, you can't do mentalism or anything else. Not very successfully anyway.

Very true. However the toughest kids to perform any magic for, are your own. I've learned countless CT's over the years, however, as soon as I tear up a piece of paper (even if to throw something away in the garbage), my 9-year-old will ask,
"Did you get your p--k yet?" The moment I ask them to select a card, they'll ask "Is this a f**ce?" Gotta love 'em.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Mentalism themes that I have found children love: A coin bends in their hand; going to an imaginary place and returning with something real; one child reads the mind of another; Kurotsuki; Q & A using their dreams. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
S. Lea
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of S. Lea
I've performed mentalism for kids quite a few times, benefit of having a wife that's a teacher. Effects work best when they're visual although pretty much all kids have a good idea of what mind reading is supposed to be. I usually incorporate comic book characters and they're powers (x-ray vision, telekinesis, etc.) My Comic Book Test is designed to play for kids and adults - and if I say so myself (which I do) goes down really well.

http://mental-magic.com/cb.htm
chicane
View Profile
Elite user
New Zealand
465 Posts

Profile of chicane
The first mental effect I tried for children was Danny Archer's Animental, and It is never out of my case. For older children I have used Charles Gaucci's Body Language presented more as a game. It is important to explain clearly the "rules" or young children will give everthing away too soon!

I have just presented a version of Paolo Cavalli's "Chairvelopes" for children in a Shopping Mall and it went over very well. The final gift for the "lady" was a teddy bear and the two boys were also givien a small gift. I did not have a great deal of space to work in so did away with the chairs and the kids each chose a coloured ball.

For ages 10 years and up I perform a version of Q&A. The girls especially love this routine.
FORCE 4 - a TOOL FOR MENTALISTS - OUT NOW

http://www.nzmagic.com/magicshop2015.html
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Do Richard Osterlinds ODDS using Animal cards. Do the "magic fish" where they will move in their hand. Also Psychic Crayons and Magic Coloring book.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I do perform metalism at kids parties if enough adults are present. I do a few effects. I am performing it on the adults. That way they had their entertainment too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Can you perform mentalism for children? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL