The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Twisting vs. Sculptures (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What do you prefer to tell your prospects you do, balloon twisting or balloon sculptures? I do mention "sculptures," but I am not sure if they are all understanding what I mean.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Lately, I have been using "balloon twisting" as all my request seem to request just that. I use to say balloon sculpting but people didn't seem to understand what it was. At one time, which works too, I used "balloon animals" but I don't just make animals.
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
I like twister myself. But your customers have probably heard neither balloon twister or balloon sculptures. I've heard it referred to as balloon tying (which is what I consider I do after I inflate and before I twist). You're educating them with the jargon, so whichever suits you most. Balloon animal maker is a much better search term on google than balloon twister. I think the art form is still too new. But my vote is definitely twister because you can call yourself a twister (without balloon preceding it), but not a sculptor because that is generally a statue maker. Plus, there are more jokes with twisted (twisted mind). Though if you say balloon sculpting, you could follow that up with "I'm a master of airigami"
FuDD
View Profile
Regular user
Tucson, Az.
150 Posts

Profile of FuDD
I Like to use Twister it helps that I have several Twisted Brand Button up shirts.Though like it has been said I have rarely found someone who I do not have to explain no matter what term I use with the exception of "I make Balloon Animals".
may you be filled with loving kindness
http://www.williamsmagic.com
http://www.celebratemagic.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thank you, guys. I am finally going to start using "twisting" instead of "sculptures" and see how it works. Thanks again.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
This side of the pond it's balloon modelling.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
I prefer to call it Balloon Art!!!
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
Mark...I call it balloon Art as well. I often use Don Caldwell's concept of the balloons are my media and the person I am making the balloon art piece for is my canvas. I really do play up the "I am an artist" angle, because it fits my personality and performance style.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Anyone tried mentioning "Balloon Toys" before?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Twisting vs. Sculptures (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL