The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
I was looking for a full on Abbotts Super X Levitation Performance video (I wanted to see it from begining to end with no cuts) and I only came across this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFTozDEtOtA

Can someone confirm that this is in fact the Super X Levitation? Or if someone has a better video for me?

Also, I am researching audience member levitations and trying to find the best one. If any one has a recommendation that would be great! (BTW- I know about the carpet levitation and am looking for something of way higher quality for my show). Although its not my main concern, I would like something that comes with a ATA as I tour. Also something that is MOSTLY angle proof and where the lighting doesn't matter. Just looking for something that will be appealing at my corporate shows (adults) as well as my school shows (children).

Thanks,

John
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
It looks like it might be an Abbotts Super X. You may also want to take a look at some of Walter Blaneys suspensions.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Yes this is an old Super X----
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Super X it is - see it wobble?? If you're looking for convenience, go with the European chair suspension. The disadvantage is that one of the chairs remains in place, so it's not a true "levitation". One of THE BEST is the Ladder Levitation - but it's expensive (10 grand) and heavy to carry around. Lance Burton travels with his quite often. For the middle of the road approach, look at Proline's Aerial Animation. Very nice floating rig for $5500. I have a friend that has one and he is very happy with it.

jim
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
Thank You for your input guys!

Keep it coming!

John
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
I have a chair suspension and I found the reactions to be breath taking. I cant wait to get a full blown levitation.

For now, though, Im happy with a chair suspension.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I think you found the next Criss Angel ... very cool stuff.

The Super-X does have a few limitations. It's actually a great prop for promo pics ... nothing says magic like a levitation.

As far as being practical .. nothing beats the Abbott's Chair Suspension. Two chairs, a board and nothing to hide. We use ours in just about every show ..

Steve
magicguy82
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magicguy82
Yes this is the older version of super x
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-07-22 13:26, Chezaday wrote:
I think you found the next Criss Angel ... very cool stuff.

The Super-X does have a few limitations. It's actually a great prop for promo pics ... nothing says magic like a levitation.

As far as being practical .. nothing beats the Abbott's Chair Suspension. Two chairs, a board and nothing to hide. We use ours in just about every show ..

Steve

Hey Chezaday,

Whats different about it then other models?
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
I have used an Abbott's Chair suspension back when I did birthday parties. It is a great illusion and the best chair suspension I have ever dealt with. It is very light weight and looks like you are using regular chairs.

John
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
One of the drawbacks of the Super-X Lev is that you need to set this up ahead of time. It would be very difficult to pull this off in someones house for a birthday party. The angles are tricky and you can't do this close-up.

The Chair Suspension on the other hand is set up right in front of the audience, it's all part of the routine. There are no angle problems and you can do this with the audience within a few feet of the prop.

Hope that helps a little bit .. we can't reveal stuff on here. It is "magic" after all.

Steve
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
Thanks Steve

I don't do birthdays anymore so that won't be a problem setting it up before hand. Most of my venues are at theaters and stages with curtains so this will probably work out great for me!

John
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Heck, I thought I was done with birthday parties .. but guess what, you've got to do it all to survive these days.

I do leave the spandex and leather at home though ..

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL