The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Incredible Block Penetration (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jcmagicman
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of jcmagicman
Hi guys.

I am thinking about incorporating the "Incredible Block Penetration" to my children's act from the following link..

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......r=MB7285

Can anyone provide some pointers such as PROS / CONS. Any presentation ideas are welcomed.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Pros: It's VERY cheap, the effect is quite magical, self-working.
Cons: Finding a comedy routine is TOUGH, only plays well for older kids, not really an audience participation trick, likely to be another one that never comes out of the drawer.
I've never seen a professional using this item, though I'm sure some have. I own a more expensive version, and though it's fun to show guests at home, it's really not one I'd ever put in a show these days.
Potty
jcmagicman
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of jcmagicman
Would I be able to spray paint the block a solid color instead of it looking like a die?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
JC, it all depends on you. If you can perform it in a good manner keeping the kids entertained, no problem. But if the kids will not be enthusiast by your performance with that trick, I would not recommend it for you.

If I was performing it I would speak in a manner similar to the following: "Guess what, a man told me this block can go through these two blades. Isn't that impossible? That guy must be crazy." (As I am talking, the block is going through the blades. I act like I am not noticing it while the kids are screaming it is going through.)
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Maybe you could utilze it as a "running gag" throughout the show?

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
I like the running gag idea!
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
There are other versions of this available, some as solid blocks. You probably won't be able to re-paint it, as I think it would interfere with the mechanism. A running gag? How would you manage that?
Personally, I favour the "Crystal Tube", or "Miracle Escape", which is a similarly magical effect, but with two or three helpers from the audience. This means instead of a "how's this one done?" effect, you have a funny and engaging routine. Miracle Escape is the routine where you tie a silk around two lengths of rope, pass the ropes and silk through a clear tube, and one rope is tied around the tube.....then as two kids hold the ends of the ropes, the tube and silk are both pulled free from the ropes. I can't find it at Davenports, who used to sell this item, but I know I've seen it in several magic books.
Good luck!
Potty.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Incredible Block Penetration (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL