The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Doug Malloy's Ring in Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Does anyone have Doug's Ring in Wallet? It looks great, very commercial! I would love to do this in my resturant act but would like a review before I drop the $$$ on it. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks,

Keith Smile
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I figure that you have watched the demo of the trick in action at tableside so know a little about what the effect is about. And by watching that demo you know exactly how it plays and what reactions to expect.

The routine is well thought out (typical for Malloy) and takes a fairly standard ring off string trick and turns it in strong, visual magic. You can close your close-up show with this effect. This plays big enough for most small venues (comedy club/parlor/bar).

You get all the necessary props, including the appropriate wallet, the “Check to Dollar” trick, the laminated bill (which is a joke in the routine and gets a soft laugh), and the velvet cord. The wallet that is being provided looks like the old Supreme “Super Zippered Wallet” (no longer being made), which in the 60’s cost up to $80.00!!! Yes it is a gentleman’s jacket pocket style. For repeat performances use it for your favorite card to wallet routine.

Then you get a tested routine including the necessary instructions (moves) for the ring off string routine (some nice moves melded into a strong routine which could be and has been used by others as a stand-alone bit). You also get the scrip, an instructional video, AND the performance rights.

There is a reset that takes some degree of privacy and is not instant that makes it less than “instant” for a walk around gig. Still, with a bit of management, it is a good walk around effect.

So basically what you have is five minutes of good, visual, fun magic carried in your pocket.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Thank you! It sounds like you enjoy the routine. I had not heard anything on the Café about the routine yet. Just didn't want to get burned for a routine I wouldn't use. Sounds like good stuff. I will probably be ordering it soon. Thanks for your response.

Keith
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Para,

Make sure you watch the demonstration video on the Malloy web site several times before you buy.

Try to imagine that it is you performing. Does this type of thing fit your style and can the presentation be adjusted to your performing persona?

The essentials of the routine is an in your face (close-up), borrowed, ring off string and ring to impossible location. Watch the reaction of the people on the Demo. Those are real folks being filmed during a real performance and the reactions are genuine.

If you already have a strong ring and string routine and already do a ring to impossible location (say a Lippencott box) then this is not breaking any new ground for you. But if you don’t have either then is a good place to start. It will probably serve you for years.

While it seems expensive I believe that it is reasonably priced. Hey! A good Balducci/Kaps wallet can cost between $60 and $100.00! And you are getting a good one included with the routine.

If you buy it and don’t like it, then email me and I’ll work a deal with you to take it off your hands. Not exactly NO risk but clearly LOW risk!
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Where is the video of it and what is its price?

Thanks in advance
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Presently, Malloy has a banner link between “Great Scott it’s Magic” and “Peter Loughran’s Elevator” banners. Malloy’s reads “Hot New Item” and shows a photo of the wallet ring and cord. Click on that banner, than click on the demo video and see it all. It will give you the price too! The advertisement has been running for a couple of months at this time.
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Thanks Mr. Murphy! That is about as low risk as can be. I will PM you if I end up going with it. Thanks for all your input! Take care,

Keith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Doug Malloy's Ring in Wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL