The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Show with Music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jack Masters
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
10 Posts

Profile of Jack Masters
I am working up a street show but I don't want to use any patter like most street performers do. I want to use music and I'm trying to find some effects to use.
Currently I have:
Linking Rings
Three Ropes & A Baby (modified for music presentation)
Razor Blade Illusion (although I'm not sure if I will get complaints)
and perhaps the Miser's Dream.

Just wanted some other effects so I can fill up a 20 minute show and I want some stuff that is pretty much angle proof & will work with music.

Can anyone offer some ideas please?

Thanks.

Sorry I was rude then. I didn't introduce myself.
I'm from Melbourne, Australia & have been doing magic about 3 years. I haven't done many shows. I'm 30 years old (late starter in magic).
I like stage & close up & want to earn some money on the street but my talking abilities are not very good. I get much more of a buzz doing mime type magic (McBride) and I seriously want to try this out.
I have been coming to Magic Café for a while now.
Thanks & Regards
Jack Masters
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
If you want to make money doing your shows make sure that you have a way to get across that money IS appreciated at the end of the show, otherwise they might think that you're out there doing a show just to do a show. Another couple of ideas is to have a way to keep people from leaving and to let them know that a show is about to start. You can't make money if nobody is there. Just a couple of ideas off the top of my sleep deprived head, you're sure to get a huge amount of advice from this board, the people here are awesome. Take care and good luck.
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Per drawing the crowd, if you're in a good pitch, I've seen street performers draw a good sized begins of a crowd just by blasting the music and setting out/up their props in a tantalizing way.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Jack Masters
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
10 Posts

Profile of Jack Masters
Thanks for the advice.
I'm a bit confused though. You say that I need to communicate across to the people that their money is appreciated as I do this for a living, which is cool & I fully understand. But how does a busker who plays guitar or any instrument get money. I haven't seen any that talk after their show. All I have seen is them playing & people going passed & throwing some change in. Geez I hope I worded that correctly.

Also are there any other effects that anyone could recommened that would work for the situation I have.

All thoughts are appreciated. Cricticism too. Thanks again for your replies.
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
The Harrison-Pepper book goes into great length in explaining Tony Vera's silent act in Washington Square Park.

She explains how Vera constructs the social dynamic in order to communicate (without words) that the exchange of cash is the appropriate response at the conclusion of the act.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Show with Music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL