The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Pelican Fly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
Well, you're waiting for an explanation to what? In the manuscript there will be numerous methods for the final fly. I'm not done writing it yet, though. In all due time...
brett120
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of brett120
Could this possibly be using an ex****** sh***? Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Matt... sell it to us loyal followers! Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
japanjazzy
View Profile
Regular user
Crestview, Florida
139 Posts

Profile of japanjazzy
I just want to say it looks real nice. I hope you will let us know when you have it ready for release.
Thanks,
Michael
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
I would be very glad if you told us that what you did on the clip was not what it looked like. The last coin looks like you have just tossed it out of view.
Jim
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
Perhaps the wise saying of "hollow drums" is applicable here!
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Any news on the progress with the effect Matt? I too am curious about the last coin vanish.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
It still needs refining. I want to try it out more in real-world situations before I do anything else. I need to make sure it works great. The vanish in the video is highly angle-sensitive, so I need to try the "dirty" vanish I've got in mind for the last fly.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I like that you are trying to use it before marketing it or releasing it to the magic community. I love it when magicians test their material out and make sure it works in the real world first.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
I'm glad I am not alone....I have watched this video for the last few days and I have been thoroughly fried with the last coin....

Jakks
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
lithis,

Have your removed the video of Pelican Fly? I tried to view this once again and it appears to be gone. Also, you never responded to the previous posts regarding the last coin vanish. While this does appear to be an extremely clean vanish, it also looks like it was simply tossed off screen.
Cliff Gregory Wollin
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
If you'll read back, I did respond to this concern, and it should be there unless it has been deleted (for some odd reason). I don't know about the video though...I didn't move or delete it so...
Catbacker
View Profile
Regular user
Manhattan, KS
145 Posts

Profile of Catbacker
I've got to agree with everyone else, the last vanish is a stumper.

I can only think of one gimmick that vanishes a coin so convincingly, but I can't see how you would be using it here.

I too am really looking forward to a manuscript or video.

Scott
"Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong." Dennis Miller
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
The vanish seen in the video is an old idea I read somewhere, most likely in Bobo. It's got pretty atrocious angles, so anything other than head on at eye level might be a bit awkward. However, it does work well in the proper situation. Several alternative vanishes will be included in the release as well. The main vanish (one which is not seen in the video) is virtually angleproof (save directly under you).

I'm hard at work on the manuscript and should be done soon. The effect will be released as a limited-access website. You will pay through PayPal (or mail a money order if you don't like PayPal) and immediately be given access to the site by usage of your email address to log in. The site includes the handling, color photos, video tutorials, and more. PM me for more details or if you'd like to try it out for me.

Thanks!
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
I have to say, today Curtis and I were talking and we figured it out. I think mentioning the practice involved is a valid point. I can nail it each time, but a lot of others will, more than likely, have a difficult time. I also feel some credit goes to Garrett Thomas. Please contact me for further reasons or ask Curtis.

I commend you on the thought for the last coin. I can say if you threw it off the screen bummer and have a way that is solid. But if you did what we think you did then kudos, because you have a very cool variation. You can take what you're doing one step further and make a complete vanish. If you are intrested let me know, I worked it out from that position a few years ago. It makes it very clean.

I just wish I thought of doing what you did to get it there in the first place all by myself before you, lol. It is killer. Congratulations. The last part of the Pelican Fly is very cool.
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Pelican Fly (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL