The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Odd gathering 2010 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
This is just a heads up that in April of 2010, we will again be holding the Odd Gathering in the California Bay Area.
While we will have another round of the Iron Magician contest, we are introducing a new contest this year, the Plastic Magician- the item to create a piece for is....The plastic ball vase. You may do this one ahead and be ready to present at the gathering to your compeers. We also ask that you keep a log or diary of how you processed what you came up with , and created the piece for the follow on workshop.
For more info, please see the bizarremagick.com website (in my signature) and click the venue button too see the info for the gathering.
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Thanks for the heads-up. The last one was right in my backyard (so to speak), and I missed it! Smile
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
It will be my ONLY personal appearance (ever) since I was kindly invited to be a Special Guest. Looking forward to seeing everybody. My brain will be All Access. Questions answered...No Secrets. I'll be 'makin' something during a high speed (for me anyway) demonstration...I'll have some books to sign and Clifford will have set-up his SHOW (but you'll pay $1. admission to Cliff) AT which we'll have a lecture on the Chemestry and Psychology of the modern small Grind Show. Plus other stuff. Smile
Could the mysterious XMOSIS Effect be shown to all? Could be.

Be there or be a dumb ass.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
In addition, at Odd Gathering, I will reveal, for the first time ever, the TRAGIC TRUE STORY of What Happened To Hoppy. I have held on to this for far too long-- it's time.
But, you know, come for Doug too.
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Hehe, yes apparently you will see my show in all of it's glory! And if XMOSIS makes its appearance, you'll have seen an amazing rarity!

BTW, from the looks of things so far, aside from our Guest of Honor, the Phantom of the Midway, you may get the opportunity to meet...oh wait...let's keep this bit of goodness for a bit later ;-P

I have been sworn to secrecy for most of the stuff, I'll likely be beaten about the head and shoulders for saying too much as it is. And let's just say, from what I know, this event will be jam packed with goodies, even an extra day! You DO NOT want to miss out on the LIMITED OPPORTUNITIES you will have access to at the Odd Gathering this year. This is NOT your typical magic convention. I would recommend giving Kay a preliminary heads up if you think you may attend. From the looks of things we will at least double last year's attendance and there is a DEFINITE LIMIT ON ATTENDEES.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Oh yeah...I forgot to ask Clifford IF he's put his show up. I am a Pee Pee hat.
Sorry Cliff...how rude.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Balaram, I understand old H oppy went the way of William Boy.
Odd Gathering $75. Clifford the Red for $1.00 ; Doug Higley, Priceless.

How I wush I could attend, but it is not to be.

Kotah
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-08-08 13:55, Doug Higley wrote:
Oh yeah...I forgot to ask Clifford IF he's put his show up. I am a Pee Pee hat.
Sorry Cliff...how rude.

Oh I assumed it was friendly payback for getting you nominated for the Guest Spot. ;-P

Either way, it's all cool my good friend. And after all, it is YOUR set up, you designed it 100%! What better way to demonstrate the devastating genius of the Phantom of the Midway!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Well...maybe you'll make $40. haha.

For some reason I thought we had didscussed it but I guess not. Thank you for agreeing to do so.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
To clarify my previous post:
Balaram, I understand old Hoppy went the way of William Boyd.
(Hop Along Cassidy ) for those old enough to remember.
Odd Gathering $75. Clifford the Red for $1.00 ; Doug Higley, 'Priceless'.

How I wish I could attend, but it is not to be.

Kotah
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Note; I'll have my books available to sign as I said but IF you want something specific to be created and avoid the posatge (heh heh) and have it presented in person, let me know ahead (way ahead) and I'll get it done and bring it. I MIGHT have a couple of heads and Demented Eyes with me just in case...we'll see. But if you want something specific HOLLAR!
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Bring a few PK Monkey Paws-- I'll buy one!
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Tory says that Mr. Boyd used to run the local dairy operation I n Fresno area when she was a kid, she can still sing the jingle! I can see it now, the bizarre presentation of a milk pitcher routine by Tory.....What a work in progress eh!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Asatranger and stranger, any connection to the fact that Dale Evans horse was named Buttermilk?

Kotah
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Quote:

How I wish I could attend, but it is not to be.

Kotah

Wish you could brother! Hey do you have high speed internet?
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
At my age, I don't have high speed anything !

Hows the job situation going Red?

Kotah
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Red has a partial solution in his garage. He just won't put a toe in the water. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Odd gathering 2010 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL