The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Color changing gloves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
I read about Alan Wakeling's color changing gloves routine in Jim Steinmeyer's book on him. I wanted to make my own for a billiard ball routine of mine. I thought a great finisher would be to change the standard nylon glove on one hand with a sequense Michael Jackson replica glove. I found a site that sells costum made ones. They are around $275 I could eventually get one.

Although I don't want to waste money one one if I don't even know how I would change gloves. I don't think I could fit gloves over gloves. Since it would be too thick and tight. My hand would look bulky and abnormal. Anybody have any ideas?
Jeremy Gates
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Did you look up the Color Changing Gloves in the book 'My Best'?
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-08-10 16:59, wmhegbli wrote:
Did you look up the Color Changing Gloves in the book 'My Best'?

No, who is it by?
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I am going to be performing starting this summer probably after some experience try a competition at a local theater. Using my billiard ball act involving the Wakeling Color Changing Gloves. I wanted to make them after buying some gloves found on this site. "same ones" http://clowncostumes.com/Catalog/Accesso......ies.html I also found dyes after some googling but figured what if the colors I dyed them didn't match the shade on the other gloves. Plus sewing is involved which I am no expert at. It might be easier to pay someone to make a pair for me. So could anyone do that?
Jeremy Gates
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Try Lynetta Welch at http://www.fabricmanipulation.com
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-04-13 23:03, Whit Haydn wrote:

Thanks I will half to email them about it.

Quote:
On 2010-04-14 12:54, J.G. the magnificent wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-13 23:03, Whit Haydn wrote:

Thanks I will half to email them about it.

I haven't got a reply since the 13th when I emailed them. I am assuming they aren't getting back to me and don't want to make them. Any other suggestions from anyone.
Jeremy Gates
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Anybody know about Fascinating Glove Changing Hat by David & Dania ? Please let me have some review about it.
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I found it on google no problem. After failing to find it on seo and stevens magic I recall seieng it on one of those sites. I am pretty sure stevens though. I don't know why I couldn't find it again. Anyway google gives a lot of sites it is on.
Jeremy Gates
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-05-07 00:17, indomagic wrote:
Anybody know about Fascinating Glove Changing Hat by David & Dania ? Please let me have some review about it.

I would not consider the effect, because it is a huge over size hat, and thus never thought much of the effect in the 1st place. Putting your hands in a huge hat and removing them does not take a genius to come up with a similar effect.

If this is something you would perform, it is priced at $325.00 and can be purchased from them CLICK HERE
or CLICK HERE for $20.00 less.

I stumbled across this version of the Color Changing Gloves by Jonie Spina, she is the Go To advisor for magic acts. Enjoy Click Here
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Wmhegbli,

Thanks for your comments. I have ordered it and it just came yesterday. Indeed it's a big top hat. Will try later how smooth the gimmick is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Color changing gloves (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL