The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Feet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 23:37, tommy wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen a magician do a trick with his feet.

Lisa Menna impales a card with her high heels, and find another card inside her stocking.

Lennart Green has, at some occations, used Alexander de Cova's T&R flash restoration - putting the torn bits on the deck, placed the deck on the floor, removed shoe and sock... and then stamped on the torn bits to make them restore. Putting on the sock and shoe again to clean up.

I, and probably many with me, have used the Salt location, to be able to kick aside all the cards on top of the selection.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Carl Cloutier increased substantially his fame when he came out with the signed card in the sock (ok ti was not the foot per se)
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I have seen a magician do somthing with his feet and I am sure it was in Paris but I just can't think at the moment.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Its been driven me nuts trying to think of who this magician is; He does a famous act in Paris in a dark caller like club. An old fellow, dresses like a tramp for his act. He does not do a trick with his feet as such but uses wonderful misdirection, he holds something up and it vanishes and then he points to his foot and there it is on his foot. A silent act. That description does not do justice to what his act is but my memory of it is so faint I am wondering if I have dreamt it.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Does clearing a room just by taking off your shoes count???
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I do a card in shoe reveal.
I don't suppose sideshow stunts count here, but half of my act involves my bare feet- Glasswalking, bladewalking, firewalking...
G
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Tommy,
Could it be Gaetan Bloom vanishing his shoe on his foot in full view? He did this for years at the Crazy Horse Saloon

When Red Hot Mamma was created, it was not unusual to step on the card with the odd color to put more distance between the deck and the odd color backed card. Somehow the effect was happening under the spectator's foot.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thank you Lawrence O. Yes I think so. I was in Paris at the time with a pal who drinks like a fish, I hardly drink myself, but he got me drunk a few nights there, so it may have been one them nights. Thanks again.

Tommy
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Now on a more general ground, Antonio Romero would explain that his his outstanding transparent cups and balls routine is actually done with his feet: the hands only follow the body positions directed by his feet positions.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Some sleight of foot

Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Would the Balducci levitation (and variants) count as magic done with feet ?
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Possibly? Indeed the only way a viewer can see that you're actually levitating a few inches off the ground is by focusing on your feet.

Also, a performer can easily adapt other tricks to make them tricks about their feet.

I once did an impromptu "Smash-n-Stab" by using an upright blade concealed under one of five upside down styrofoam cups on a row on the floor.

I stood barefoot on a barstool and jumped dramatically on the first cup with my right foot crushing it completely. I climbed back up on the stool and repeated the process once more. Finally for the last 3 cups I jumped off the chair and crushed 2 cups simultaneously with both my feet except of course the bladed one.

You should see me do a coin matrix! Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile

My lawyer, who is also a gambler, wears lucky socks. I guess one could play with that magical thought. Odd socks - red black - colour changes.

Tommy
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Kreskin did a trick with socks on Letterman.

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Mis-matched socks... now there is a problem I never have! Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes

It doesn't have the actual footage of the feet as in the special.
But the song is still cute.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Magic with bare feet lacks sole.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Feet (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL