The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » My first induction! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
Hey all. I have been performing magic as a semi professional for 4 years now and have been getting bitten more & more by the mentalism bug. In saying this, I stumbled on Anthony Jacquin's Reality is Plastic. I ordered it a few days ago as I was very impressed by the reviews on here & the extract ebook.

So over the last week I have watched about 100 youtube videos with highly rated hypnotists performing their work and also rapid trance instructionals. I understand the importance of pre talks and confidence etc. Been reading some articles on hypnosis methods too.

I first tried this on my mum but all I achieved was scaring the daylights out of her and that made her end up just laughing at me. It wasnt working. I tried different techniques without the shock but no luck.

But then I tried it on a teenager friend of mine who was excited to give it a try and this is what happened:

I told him to keep standing firm through the process, legs together. Stand up straight, and explained that I'll take his wrist and when he hears me call "sleep" that he will go into a deep state of relaxation. I told him to begin relaxing by closing his eyes and feel his head, shoulders, arms and rest of his body feel relaxed and loosen any tension. I placed my left hand on his shoulder and took the wrist in my right hand as I spoke these words. Next thing I give it an authoritive tug and say "Sleep!" then his head dropped forward and I placed my right hand on his head and circulated it around and explained to go deeper and more relaxed.
By now my own heart was pounding! Not long after I suggested to him I will count up to 3 and you will be awake. Relaxed and feeling great. Better than you have ever felt in your life. 1 2 3 wake up you are totally aware."
He is naturally a bit of a hyper kid, but when he came out of it, he had a dreamy look in his eyes and smiled while, hard to explain, but kicking around a little in slow motion. Then he asked me what I did to him with a curious tone.

I was just as stunned as him. I did this twice in a row and it worked both times.
I questioned what he felt and asked him to tell me the whole truth and he said it was just like a floating feeling in a trance. I was hoping he wasnt doing it as a show for me and he swears he never acted anything.

What a confidence booster to start taking hypnosis up. Looking forward to studying RIP. I am also impressed with the youtube user 'clinicalhypnosis' I think I will buy his gentle speed trance dvd. The butterfly method.

Advice from here would be great.
Scott.
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Hi Scott,

well done. Sounds like you enjoyed the result. Now you are ove the rush of 'it's worked' ensure that you have a plan what you will do next.

Also take some time improve your approach and set up and master the wake up. Ensure you leave your subjects feeling good.

Stay in touch with any questions.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Congratulations, Scott! That's great.

Now I'll tell you a secret: the induction is perhaps only 10% (at most) of what is needed to work with hypnosis. If you wanted to be a race car driver, you're at the stage of having turned on the engine.

So now what will you do and where will you go? Learning to lead people to hypnotic trance is a valuable skill. Far more important is what you do after the induction.

Where are you going to learn that?
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
I have just received Reality is plastic. It is great and packed with information. It's the perfect starting manual for me. I am only going to dabble with the basics for a while and as I grow with it, get more information from wherever I can about suggestion & hypnosis. That can come when I'o ready. Thanks again Anthony for releasing a great book for people at my level.
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » My first induction! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL