The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Jonathan David Bass Production! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ESJohn
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of ESJohn
I was watching Jonathan David Bass' Dove Act on Worlds Greatest Magic on Youtube called "Winged Sorcery". At 2:53 seconds he seemingly produces a dove from the bottom of his foot. However, in slow motion you can see that this is not the case. Does anyone have any information on this effect this type of production?

I would greatly appreciate your help with this one.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Being I cannot tell how knowledgeable you are with magic or dove magic in general, the only advise that I can give you is to acquire and compile a library of dove productions. Through this knowledge you will see how different production methods can be accomplished.

I believe Bass has done this, he is an innovative person who thinks outside the box and that is why he is in the ranking he is today. In other words, he has worked this production method out himself.
ESJohn
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of ESJohn
Wmhegbli,

Thanks so much for your advice! I have recently started in dove magic and have already started compiling a dove magic library (Greg Frewin Complete Course, Tony Clark DVDs, Dan Sperry, Ian Adair, General Grant, etc.)
People like me who are starting out in a new area of magic really appreciate advice from people like you who know a lot about the field.
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
Greg Frewin does something similar while he's cracking an egg with his foot to produce a dove.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
When I was doing dove productions, I found I could utilize the methodology of the tail production and transfer that to a regular suit or coat jacket. This met I could steal a bird from other then the chest area.

So take that knowledge and actually put it into practice, during this time you will discover other means to your accomplishments.

Don't forget Channing Pollack, Chen Kai, and James Dimmare.
Alexo
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
112 Posts

Profile of Alexo
The Amyx DVD will give you the best idea how it works. It itself isn't talked about but you'll be able to put 2 and 2 together once you learn the basics.
I'm personally most impressed by the python production. That big guy is a burmese python and those aren't easy to hide. I still don't know how that exactly works.
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
ESJohn
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of ESJohn
Thanks to everybody.

Alexo, I am just about to buy Andy Amyx's dove DVD anyway so thanks for the tip.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Greg's method is slightly different than JDB's...the dove off bottom of foot was originally done by Brett Daniels via a completely different method than both JDB and GF. Correct me if I'm wrong.
DANSPERRY.COM
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
I heard that Brett Daniels was the first as well, Dan.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Elliot, just a little advice. While it's great that you are compiling a library, it is more important to actually study what you are buying. The videos you have mentioned are not going out of circulation any time soon and it might be better to take each one and really get to know it. Greg Frewin's course is great but there is a lot of information to absorb.

I would start with Tony Clark's videos and then Andy Amyx.
Where the magic begins
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
This production can be done from jacket or vest with appropriate body move and misdirection .
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On 2010-09-01 14:00, dahih beik wrote:
This production can be done from jacket or vest with appropriate body move and misdirection .

While it can be done this way, it is not a require to wear either to perform this effect. Watch the video and use a little imagination.
Where the magic begins
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
You are right
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2009-08-16 14:03, sperris wrote:
Greg's method is slightly different than JDB's...the dove off bottom of foot was originally done by Brett Daniels via a completely different method than both JDB and GF. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The method Brett Daniels uses is really published in the Encyclopedia of Dove Magic, I think (without looking it up) it is credited to Billy McComb as an automatic dove production.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Jonathan David Bass Production! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL