The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » She was not impressed... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
As I said.: The bigger picture is not something you just can be told, it is something you have to gain. If you do not understand that money is only a part of it you have a long way to go.

Regarding "the opposite effect" you just have to go to yourself. If someone is too obviously pushing for your money you are less likely interested to part from them and take a firmer grip on your purse.

As the chinese says: Too much yang turns into yin.

I wish you both big hats and an interesting journey.
"There is no reality, only perception."
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
What makes you thihk I am pushing for money, it is a well known fact that people who are agressive with there hat pitch make less. I usually do pretty well when I go out and work. When we were talking about working for kids , let it be known that before I hit the streets I knew what kind of performer I was. (not a childrens entertainer.) Also I have a teacher I am learning from, he taught me not to work for children. As far as showing three kids somthing (on the street) If the parents are there with them then yes I will show them somthing. In fact when I stop my first group. I always look for a family with children.

If you can not describe the bigger picture how do I know you know what it is at all. It is really hard to describe somthing with no knowlege of it. My bigger picture will always be my family,I am the one that supports them not any one else.
If my family goes hungary or goes with out, that is my responsiblity.

I wish you luck in your quest for the"indescribable bigger picture that one can not be told about" I hope one day you will be able to talk about it.
till then my family will always be my bigger picture. Everything I do in this life has everything to do with them.

as Cellini said "there is no art without money"
Shorty
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
87 Posts

Profile of Shorty
Or as Cellini said " They smell it if you just do it for the money"

Grettings Shorty
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
Shorty, I will ask you to read my posts again. You will see I do it for my family. Do not fool your selves you all do it for the money. If you disagree with me then prove your point by no longer passing your hat. Drop your hat pitch. Do not ever hold out your hat upside down again.
I do it for my family BOTTOM LINE.If not then we would not have been able to pay our mortgage.
Shorty
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
87 Posts

Profile of Shorty
He Ray, nothing wrong with that, everybody has to eat... its just... if you do it and... enjoy it and have fun with your work than the Hats get bigger. Plus, what for me works, that maybe not works for you. The only thing that counts is they must like you! I saw Streetperformers they did everything wrong and they made BIG Hats!

Greetings

Shorty
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
I have never watched a street performer get paid when the people did not like him.
First thing is you must be likable.
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
Quote:
On 2009-09-06 21:25, joshsmagic wrote:
I love performing for the little sh**heads too

:giggles:
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » She was not impressed... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL