The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Mental Floss problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jack talon
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jack talon
Hello there all. I have a question for anyone that performs the Mental Floss routine. I can do Human Blockhead and I used to be able to do Mental Floss. However, recently when I try to do mental floss the balloon refuses to go into the correct nasal cavity. it always goes up instead of back.

I've done this many times before, so I know I can do it and do it well, but suddenly I just stopped being able to get the balloon to go where I want it to. A friend suggested that it might be due to swelling, but I don't think it is because it has been going on for a while now and I haven't been having any problems that would indicate swelling.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what caused it and how did you fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Smile
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Personally Id pre-inflate ,(just enough to stand the baloon to attention ) insert to passage , deflate , block off other nostil and sniff . Worked for me .
Mark
Ps . I omitted to say I follow up with a bit of gagging ( no joke ) and sreaming eyes lol
E.O.I
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Jack,

Do your research before you start asking about method.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Jack?!? What are you thinking man? 1 post and you want info. We aren't expecting a dinner out of you but let us get to know you a bit before you go to the "secrets." Welcome to the board. Be careful sticking things in your nose. Find a hands on teacher. Or maybe you can learn it from youtube?
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
SNOOOOOOOOZER!
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
jack talon
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jack talon
Okay, a few things. I am not asking about the method or the "secrets". You guys apparently didn't read my post through completely. I was able to do this before, and now I can't. This isn't something I am just learning or trying to learn. I already know how to do it.

What I am asking is if anyone has had the same problem I am having, where the balloon refuses to go to the correct nasal cavity. I only want to know what could cause that that I may be able to fix it. I am aware that I only have one post, but to my knowledge you don't have to have a high post count to need help with something. I came here because a friend recommended you guys to me. He didn't have any information on the subject, so he thought you guys might be helpful.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Jack,
As someone that has been doing this bit longer than anyone else, I will tell you that I have never had this problem. The only suggestion would be that you might be inserting the balloon at an angle that is to low and it is getting caught in the top of your nasal passage. Play around with various angles and see if this helps.

Todd
jack talon
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jack talon
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 07:03, Todd Robbins wrote:
Jack,
As someone that has been doing this bit longer than anyone else, I will tell you that I have never had this problem. The only suggestion would be that you might be inserting the balloon at an angle that is to low and it is getting caught in the top of your nasal passage. Play around with various angles and see if this helps.

Todd

Thanks. I've tried going in at different angles and so far nothing seems to be working. I'm going to try to get my left nostril used to having things stuck into it and see if I can do it on that side. I only learned blockhead and mental floss on my right nostril so maybe changing sides will be the solution.
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
I wish I could use the other nostril but it just wont have it however much Ive tried..
E.O.I
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
I have a deviated septum that occurred from... well lets just say that the 80's were good to me. This is why I swallow swords instead.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Using both sides...let's see...that would be "ambinarial".
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yep and useing backsides would be bisexual !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Mental Floss problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL