The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » First Approach to hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Finally today I proved all the tools and inductions.

My participant its a fellow magician
he really had concentration problems.
the hypnosis works 70%.
I do a pretalk, next a few set pieces and inductions.

Im really confident, but the subject has a strange reactions. I know that I had responsability ,but I considered a good experience, because I know that hypnosis works better with strangers.

he presented hypnotic signs.

I started with Magnetic Fingers,follow that Magnetic Hands and next a RMP.
Next I try a few inductions.
I try a few skits, but doesn't work
I finish with a positive suggestion .

I will try again with other subjects.
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Hola Pablo,
As a matter of interest, what skits did you try?
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
I try the number´s amnesia and hot / cold

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
First off I'd recommend that before going for amnesia you try for: NOT being able to say the word.
For example: I noticed many times when I told someone the number 7 would be wiped out they STILL said it. And yet they had been and still were displaying many signs of being in hypnosis. When I changed to suggesting that although it would be on the tip of their tongue they could not 'SAY the word 7' my success rate hit the roof! Then after fractionization (Dropping them in and out a few times) I could THEN go for full amnesia and have it work perfectly.
Perhaps there is no actual depth to hypnosis (they are either hypnotised or not) but the longer they are in it and the more you do (gradually) the more comfortable they seem to be with 'the state' and the more they'll be open to your suggestions. I hope this helps.

bobser
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Thanks bobser
any tip its fully received

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Hey bobser, that's a great...uh...suggestion!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Not sure what that means?
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Probably a play on the "hypnotic" suggestion.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
Hola Pablo!

I have found that it is very good to try hypnosis, especially when you are a beginner like us, with a few people, not only one. Because they say that 30% of the people can be hypnotized in seconds, the other 30% in a few minutes and the last 30% need a longer more therapeutic induction. Therefore I suggest try it a few more times and with more people. I have had great results that way!

Un abrazo y saludos desde el Ecuador,

Giovanni.
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Thanks!!!

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
I think Giovanni's tip is a good one. If you can get a few people together all trying mag fingers then palms, you can really spot who is really responsive and concentrate more on them. It's a real confidence booster.
ScHeRzO
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
63 Posts

Profile of ScHeRzO
Hola Amigo Tiriri

I have been try the pre test to see if my audience is following my command, but I have not had a very good response. Specially with the Magnetic Fingers. What I usually do is a slow relaxation that takes around 3 to 4 minutes (Therapeutic induction) and then make them go in to a totall sleep.
I wish doing that faster. Any advice? I will keep practicing.

Best Regards
SCHERZO
Andy3142
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Andy3142
Hi Scherzo,
I suggest, drop the slow relaxation completely and go straight into things like magnetic fingers which keep the person ALERT but FOCUSSED. Build from there in similar steps.
Two reasons. (1) Hypnosis is not relaxation. They are linked, but not the same - you can get all the classic laboratory signs of hypnosis such as arm levitation when a person is riding an exercise bike. Sometimes when a person's body becomes relaxed and floppy, it's much harder to get active phenomena like armlifts and magic fingers.
(2) There are two kinds of hypnotic induction, female (allowing, permissive, Ericksonian) and male (directive, imperative, controlling.) They don't mix too well in or out of the therapy room. For stage hypnosis you need a 100% male, imperative approach. Relaxation is female. You are probably giving people mixed messages. Take control from the start. Incidentally, Erickson himself did both kinds. There was nothing permissive about him overall - he famously said "I give people permission to do what I want them to do, in their own way".
Regards
Andy
ScHeRzO
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
63 Posts

Profile of ScHeRzO
You are right Andy...
Thanks for that, I have been doing the female hypnosis because it is the one I usually practice for myself (autohypnosis). Can you give me more hints about male hypnosis? Thank you my friend and Welcome to the café.

Greetings
Scherzo
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
Good point Andy,

I found out myself through practice about both kinds. I think the male induction is better when you have small groups and short time, and you need to find out quickly who is more responsive to hypnosis.

But on the other hand, I believe female inductions are good for large crowds. For example, Christian kamo uses female inductions and so far his personal record is three thousand people under hypnosis control at the same time! He says he wants to beat the world record. If there is one???

Giovanni.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » First Approach to hypnosis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL