The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Roadtrip through the US! Suggestions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2009-10-01 04:32, pearljamjeff wrote:
Garrette, is Illusions still open in Carmel? I saw something online that said it closed in 2002, but it also mentioned plans about a new location (possibly still in Carmel). Have any scoop on that?
Unfortunately, I don't have any scoop. I live on the southern border, very near Louisville, Kentucky, so that's the metro area with which I'm most familiar.

Sorry.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I think your choice of cities is Bizarre enough unless you like 'run down' destinations. I never heard of Cincinatti on anybody's list of 'Tour America'. Smile Unless they had relatives there. It'll certainly be different. Smile
Except for a couple of 'quaint' places, these are areas most people are FROM when they visit someplace fun or spectacular. But hope you guys had FUN! If you really connected, when you're back home maybe you'll have exciting Slide Shows of Nebraska.

ok...flame me.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
What the h377 Doug. I mean, have you looked at your post count lately?
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
If you go through the Los Angeles area on your way to Vegas, stop in at The VENICE BEACH FREAKSHOW. You can see Two Headed Animals, Sword Swallowers, Fire Eaters, The Rubber Girl, etc.....Tibetan Monk Skulls.....Mummified hand and head.....tons of Strange Specimens in Jars....and many more weird items.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Nope. What is it? Smile

btw: My post count includes posts when I was a different person or two. This current fictional character is fairly recent. Anyway, thanks for noticin' me and appreciating the endless entertainment my posts have provided over these many years. And never a 2 drink minimum!
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2009-10-01 11:30, Doug Higley wrote:
Nope. What is it? Smile

btw: My post count includes posts when I was a different person or two. This current fictional character is fairly recent. Anyway, thanks for noticin' me and appreciating the endless entertainment my posts have provided over these many years. And never a 2 drink minimum!
Minimums never bother me. It's when they impose that silly hundred drink maximum that I get upset.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Ain't it the truth?! Usually the kind of place that refuses to allow the parking of the Sherman Tank in their stupid parking lot. Yeah Garrette, been there.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Cincinati, Ohio:

King's Island
US Playing Card Company
Haines House of Cards/Magic Shop
Multiple Distilleries (Frankfort, KY is really an entension of Cincy)
CW Coach (Used Hearse Dealer...one of the few and a reputable outfit)
"Florence Y'all" Water Tower (short drive south of Frankfort)
Klosterman Magic Collection
Home of "The Big Red Machine"

No, I'm not a native, but I happen to like Cincy.

Chris
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2009-10-02 06:40, handa wrote:
Cincinati, Ohio:

King's Island
US Playing Card Company
Haines House of Cards/Magic Shop
Multiple Distilleries (Frankfort, KY is really an entension of Cincy)
CW Coach (Used Hearse Dealer...one of the few and a reputable outfit)
"Florence Y'all" Water Tower (short drive south of Frankfort)
Klosterman Magic Collection
Home of "The Big Red Machine"

No, I'm not a native, but I happen to like Cincy.

Chris
I beg to differ. Frankfort isn't remotely an extension of Cincinnati. Covington, Newport, Fort Thomas, and even Florence are, but not Frankfort. Heck, you have to go through Lexington from Cincinnati before you reach Frankfort.

The "Florence Y'All" water tower is a momentary treat, though, but it's just south of Cincy, not Frankfort.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Sorry...those Kentucky towns going South from Covington all seem to string together like one big megalopolis when I drive that route. I flip-flopped Frankfort and Covington in my head. I meant to say Covington and no I don't know of any notable Distilleries in Covington itself.

Sincere apologies to any Kentucky Colonels on the board for inverting the state.

Isn't Sal Piacente from Florence (Ya'll) as well?

Chris
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
No worries.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Roadtrip through the US! Suggestions? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL